Sclerals - number of fittings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sclerals - number of fittings?

I'm trying to work out if I should travel to London to try to get Sclerals or at least see if I could, there doesn't seem to be anywhere where I live.

I have high myopia and moderate dry eye - lack of tearing, bleph, (have pretty much constant mild gritting/burning on bad days, irritable on (fewer) good days), which affects me in that I can't wear contacts all day and surviving on glasses isn't much fun and won't work for long-term as my vision is lacking in them.

1) If you have sclerals, how many fittings did you roughly need? (I know it's a case of how long is a piece of string but just to give me an idea really I suppose).

2) And are they really obvious when in the eye? This doesn't bother me too much, more I am curious really, but do people notice them when you are wearing them?

3) One of the problems with my soft lenses is the rims on my eyelids where my bleph...makes them sore. Though - to be fair, this gives me pretty much pain whether I wear lenses or not! I guess I'm concious of it more with lenses in my eyes. I'm not sure then that I'd have similar problem with sclerals?

Thanks for any thoughts, your experiences will be invaluable for me deciding what to do.
    Stanza
    just keep swimming...

Sclerals

I am working on fitting number 3 hoping that it will be the magical number. From what I've read though that is pretty quick as it can take much longer. However, since my opt. sends out for the sclerals I have to wait several weeks between fittings. Best of luck!

Kim
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the third pair. thanks for the feedback!
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
      X