Massive contact lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive contact lens

Someone just commented on my massive sclerals. Kinda made me feel self-conscious about them. Ah well!

Kim
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

People can tell that you're wearing sclerals? I thought they were like contact lens and you had to look closely to see them. Please explain =)

And to the commentor...I say...SCREW 'EM No one's opinion matters but your own.

Well, that mindset helps me get through the day =)

Comment

Sclerals

They are not readily apparent but if u look at my eyes you can see that I am wearing a larger than normal contact lens. Overall being able to watch tv ands movies trumps what others think. It was a moment of weakness on my part.

Kim
      If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Wow, that's really surprising to me. I have had lengthy conversations with ophthalmologists at conferences with them standing inches away and they usually had no idea till I brought it up and they stared straight into my eyes looking for them. I suppose it depends a bit on the size maybe? When I look at my eyes the edges don't seem all that much further out than when I wore soft lenses (many years ago...)
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

In the BFS consent form, it is mentioned that the lens may "make your appear larger (or bulge)".......I don't have the wording correctly, but I distinctly remember this being mentioned. I know they want to and have to cover all possible circumstances. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

People comment on my Synergeyes now and then too. My mother finds them really distracting and says my eyes look so big. I only had RGP's before.

They are a bit tricky to get in because it is hard to open my eye wide enough to get them in at times (especially on a morning when I am sleepy). The covered eye is soooo much more comfortable for me. When wearing my glasses I cannot wait to get the contacts in so that cold and dry feeling is taken care of. It is worth it to me to have the bigger ones too, and honestly, only about 3 people have mentioned it so I don't think it is that noticeable.

Comment

It is worth it to me to have the bigger ones too, and honestly, only about 3 people have mentioned it so I don't think it is that noticeable.
              The important thing is if they are helping you. Not often will people get so close to you they will be able to pick at the size of your contact lens. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

It's like when people tell me to get 'thin' lenses, and I have to tell them I HAVE!!!
                just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
                  It's like when people tell me to get 'thin' lenses, and I have to tell them I HAVE!!!
                  Lol! Me too!!! Gah...I wish I could wear contacts...

Comment

Glad it's not just me!
                    just keep swimming...

Comment

Hey, when it comes down to it, we must do what we must do. I wear my Panoptx a lot and sometimes indoors. They are not too bad when they are DARK, but the lens go much lighter when I'm inside and you can sort of see my eyes. Well, it looks weird. But, I've just had to get over it and not care. I just came back from the grocery store and saw a young couple with a child. The man was bald because he shaved his head. The woman was bald because she'd had chemo. She held her head high. She was a younger woman of about 30 and so we all can have a bald head if things just come the wrong way. My goggles didn't look too bad after all. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy your outlook always inspires me - particularly when the chips are down and I'm having a crap day.

Thanks again

Warm regards as always

Ian

Comment

I love that, Lucy.
                          just keep swimming...

Comment

Possible explanation

Hi Kcoffiner,
                            One possilbe reason people look more closely at your face and notice your sclerals is because you are very pretty. No one give my ugly mug a second look much less closer inspection. Hang in there. Things will get better.

Comment

Working...
                            X