Question for scleral wearers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for scleral wearers

Question. Is it possible to insert the scleral lens incorrectly, sometimes my eye responds like it doesn't even have the lens in, feels raw and achy. It is usually one eye at a time. I try to reinsert the lens but once it feels this way it stays feeling bad. This is probably a question best answered by my MD but I thought I would take a shot.

Kim
    Last edited by kimby2007; 18-Sep-2008, 08:49.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

I have scleral lens but wore them very little. Very expensive also.
    I think like any contact lens it is resting on some part of your eye and unless you have enough tears, that parts going to stay dry. Of course then that parts gets irritated. Cornea stays moist however.

Thats how I look at it. Are you weatring it everyday?

Comment

Scleral lenses

Yep, I wear them everyday. Today i had problems with the right one again. I could bearly keep my eyes open. I took them out, reinserted them, and am ok for right now. Weird.
      If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

it sounds like your eye is irritated. Maybe you should not use it for few days.

Anyway, what are your shirmer scores if you have done them before?

Comment

use refresh celluvisc

I have tried various fillers, but when I fill my scleral with refresh celluvisc, and it takes three of them for me(which kind of overfills it, but when I put it in I have to flush out the excess with preservative free saline, and splash with warm water..but it feels good all day and the celluvisc since it's a little more viscous..keeps the mucous out.

Comment

Working...
          X