This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Sclera Lens

does anyone have any feedback on the boston sclera lenses?
    I have been dealing with dry eyes for almost 12 years now and tried several different treatments with no success.
    my Dr just mentioned to me the boston sclera lens in my last visit last week and I am seriously considering this option but before I look to spend almost $8000 on these lenses I would like to get any information from someone who has them or knows someone who does?

I did see on the site others have went to other doctors for a sclera lenses but I will only consider the ones offered by BSC by Dr Rosenthal as he was recommended by my Dr.

thank you all in advance for any information you can give me

Christine, welcome to DEZ.

I have worn Boston sclerals for 2.5 years very successfully. I think that when there is a combination of uncorrectable vision trouble and surface disease/pain, and especially with a history of surgeries/transplants, that's a good indication of someone with a high likelihood of being helped dramatically. So far as I know, they always do a pre-fitting trial to see if you can get the comfort and vision you need before going through the whole process (though of course it's not always possible to determine that in the trial). If you'd like more specifics about my experience please feel free to call. (877-693-7937 9am-5pm Pacific... still recovering my voice from a bug so might not be answering the phone today but if you leave a message today I'll get back to you.)
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you so much

Rebecca I appreciate your feedback so much and it sounds very encouraging to me.

I will give you a call tomorrow to speak to you and get more information
      I hope you feel better and will speak to you soon

Thank you again ...it means so much to finally find a solution to ease some of this pain and regain vision

Christine

Comment

Working...
      X