This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systane Balance Question- thanks!

Hey! I just had a quick question regarding the eye drop Systane Balance. After some research, I believe I have CLIDE (Contact Lens Induced Dry Eye) as my eyes only tend to feel dry and get red when my contacts are in my eye. I found out that CLIDE is often caused by a tear film issue, and upon discovering that Systane Balance helps to solve issues with the tear film, I decided to try it. I have been using it for about 6-7 days (twice a day) and think it might be helping a little.

I was just curious about a few things regarding this drop:

1. I don't believe that I have MGD (which the drop mentions). Is it still okay to use this drop for the tear film issues even if I don't have MGD?

2. Has anybody else used this drop? Have I seen the maximum benefit of this drop already or will it prove more beneficial over the next few weeks of use?

Thanks in advance everybody!

I had dry eyes with contacts for a long time - then I became frankly symptomatic after an episode with an air conditioner and I became worse after using steroids.

I have MGD and I think I may have always had it. You might have it too.

Would some extra lipids hurt your tear film? No I don't think so.

I am sensitive to most eyedrops including unfortunately, Systane Balance.

Can I make a suggestion - please please stop using contacts and take very very good care of your eyes. Most importantly - don't put anything in them - drops, contacts or anything.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X