Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good Optometrist in Chicago for Synergeyes fitting.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good Optometrist in Chicago for Synergeyes fitting.

I am looking for a good optometrist in Chicago. I am interested in trying the Synergeyes hybrid contact lens for better vision and comfort. My eyes are very dry and I have high myopia (OD -8.50 and left eye -9.0). I am currently wearing Proclear non-toric lenses. When I use these contacts my vision is not as sharp as I would like because I have slight astigmatism. I cannot tolerate the Proclear toric lens. Even though I still suffer from dry eye discomfort with the Proclear lenses, I am able to wear them for about eight hours. After that the discomfort level increases greatly. I am trying to shop for a doctor instead of the contact lens because I know that the doctor is the most important factor. I would appreciate geatly any help in locating a doctor that could help me with the fitment of the Synergeyes contact lens.

If it were me, I'd look up doctors via the doctor locator on the Synergeyes site and then call them individually and find out:

(a) how many patients they have fitted with these lenses overall, and
    (b) how many with significant dry eye they have fitted, and
    (c) what their success rate has been for (a) and (b).

If they couldn't tell me, I'd cross them off the list.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      If it were me, I'd look up doctors via the doctor locator on the Synergeyes site and then call them individually and find out:

(a) how many patients they have fitted with these lenses overall, and
      (b) how many with significant dry eye they have fitted, and
      (c) what their success rate has been for (a) and (b).

If they couldn't tell me, I'd cross them off the list.
      Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Working...
      X