Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone not get DES relief from Synergeyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive heard from other doctors that soft contact lenses are TERRIBLE for DES sufferers, due to their high water content. Thats the main reason why I am hoping to try synergeyes. They have a significantly lower % water content, as compared to contacts like Oasys.

Comment

What about PRK?
      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Originally posted by jjright1 View Post
        Ive heard from other doctors that soft contact lenses are TERRIBLE for DES sufferers, due to their high water content. Thats the main reason why I am hoping to try synergeyes. They have a significantly lower % water content, as compared to contacts like Oasys.

I was wearing the Acuvue Oasys for about 4 yrs until one day I just couldnt wear them anymore.... eyes start to get red after 1 hr of wear. I am hoping to make an appt. with Dr. Latkany and ask him about SynergEyes and Rigid Gas Permeable lenses. My wedding is coming up soon and I am so upset about this that I just dont know what to do... restasis didnt work and I already have 2 plugs put in with no luck... ughhhhhhhh!!!

Anyone have more info on both those contact lenses that are supposed to be good for dry eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by hkgcomet View Post
          Any experience sharing on "silicone hydrogel lenses"

Saw somewhere said contact lens reduce the sensitive due to dry eye.
          Do new silicone hydrogel, or RGP lens helps?
          DON'T try silicon lenses. I had soft lenses (hydrogel) for 15 years without any problems but tried Acuvue Oasys when I was 29 just because I heard they would be so good for your eyes. They got stuck on my eyes. Only tried them for about 2 days, then I couldn't tolerate my old lenses either and I started developing dry eyes. That was before my wedding! Had to wear glasses on my wedding and I have -9,5 so that was really annoing (to use a mild word for how I felt). Still only use glasses and have really bad dry eyes. Want to sue Acuvues Oasys since I also found at least 100 other people experiencing the same (on two different web pages) but don't have the energy. So miserable and can't sit in front of a computer without extreme pain. Should stop writing now by the way!
          Anna (from Sweden therfore bad Engish)

Comment

oasis

i've seen the ads for oasis and if i remember right the fine print set that it couldn't be used for people with serious dry eye.
            betty

Originally posted by jjright1 View Post
            I was reading threw a few posts, and many of them seem to point at dry eye relief from Synergeyes lenses?

I am thinking about making an appointment and trying these out? I would love to be able to use contact lenses again.

I can use soft lenses now, but by about 3 hours, my eyes seem to dry up, and they become noticeably redder. I don't use them anymore and haven't for a while.

Its rather interesting since a lot of these soft contact lenses are marketed in a way that makes you think they'd be great for dry eye, such as acuvue oasys.

Comment

hi annamarg

I am also -8,5 and have to wear glasses all the time----I quit contacts 1.5 years ago. I couldn't wear those silicon hydrogel lenses either. My eye doctor told me they haven't perfected the surface coating on the lenses and they aren't very "wettable". I guess it's possible that some new manufacturing innovations might correct this problem in the future.

The main reason I can't wear soft contacts is because my dry eye is due to Sjogren's. My eyes react to the deposits in the lenses by becoming chronically inflamed----all the time. It's unbearable.

Calli

Comment

Working...
              X