This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Decisions

I am new here and discovered this board while looking up information on DCR surgery. I am completely unsure of what to do next because according to my doctor, this surgery is my last option but even he doesn't think it'll work.

I'm 27 and have had excessive tearing for about three years. After moving and seeing doctor after doctor, I was finally diagnosed with Epiphora and told it was cause by my extreme allergies. I've been on immunotherapy for almost two years and had an operation a year ago to open up the tear duct with a stent.

Needless to say, all of that was supposed to work yet I'm still having problems. A CT scan shows a deviated septum but it's deviated on the right, and I'm tearing on the left. Everything on the CT was clean and the doctor was certain they would find some sort of blockage there. He even told me that he couldn't find a medical explanation as to why I was still tearing in my eye.

I've been on ointments, drops, you name it, I've done it. It's rather annoying. I really should buy stock in Kleenex. Any advice from anyone?

i feel your pain...my eyes tear non stop..i live with a tissue in my hand..

On cromolyn now..see if this works..

Comment

Working...
    X