X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visian ICL surgery this Monday.

Hey,
    my last thread was not correct I still haven't had my eyes done. When I posted it sounded like I was rushing right into the whole thing. The truth is, getting the money was a lot harder then I expected. Now, my parents have payed 1/2 and financed the other half. Last week, the DR did the 1st step which is shooting little holes into my eyes. And on monday he is doing the 1st eye and then Wednesday he is doing the other. I really, really cant wait to be able to see! My thick 1/2" glasses lens make EVERYTHING look distorted and SMALL.
    My threads usually dont get many responses so might as well cut this short. I have to sign a contact and accept the risk of death, loss of sight, infection, ect. The funny part is, I am NOT afraid. This is just another thing that HAS to be done and Im not scared AT ALL. It was really really bad having all the test done, the lazer zapping my eyes and the ultra sound of my eyes. I just took all the test and measurements thinking "at least this will mean no more contact lens touching my eye!" To keep this short, I've had 15+ changes done to my looks/face. These are
    -$750.00 cosmetic surgeon fixed my chin
    - $8,000 for cosmetic dentist to fix my teeth (still in the middle of this)
    -$8,000 for ICL and get rid of coke bottle glasses.
    Also, NEXT I want to have my cosmetic surgeon ATTEMPT to fix my nose. And of course I dont have the money for a rhinoplasty. I want him to do a temporary fix of injecting filler($1,000). This will take out the bumps, I am very unhappy with my nose!!! Also, I need him to cut off three moles on my neck($$$$). I honestly cant describe the feeling. I feel like a ugly person who is doing ANYTHING possible to be less ugly. All while begging my parents to pay for it all. I dont work and I haven't earned a dime in four years. Do you think my insecure feeling about my looks has anything to do with that? YES! last night and today Ive tried to take pictures of myself in the mirror and Im not happy with how I look. Right now, the only thing I can think of is hiding my face under a pair of sun glasses and wearing a hat. I really look that bad in pictures. I will keep this thread updated next week.

im curious to see how it goes (in terms of ICL), as id be interested in doing the same. please came me updated on how you feel post-op and in the upcoming months

Comment

Originally posted by Michael2 View Post
      im curious to see how it goes (in terms of ICL), as id be interested in doing the same. please came me updated on how you feel post-op and in the upcoming months
      You got it! Keep in mind not every one is candidate for ICL. I was lucky to have the 3mm of depth to my eye chamber. I had enough room for the lens, what a relief! Here is the link to my DR who is going to change my life(for the better)
      http://www.hatsislaservision.com

Comment

Hey are you a guy or a girl?? are u sure you dont have body dysmorphic disorder

Comment

Originally posted by moni View Post
          Hey are you a guy or a girl?? are u sure you dont have body dysmorphic disorder
          I am a 25 year old man. Im not sure what that is, tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by NeedHealing631 View Post
            Im not sure what that is, tell me.
            Try googling it.

I wish you well with your upcoming surgery and in particular that it may not cause or exacerbate any dry eye problems.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Yes, good luck with your surgery... Hopefully all will go perfectly!

Comment

My operation was today, a little mistake was getting up at 7am. And it turns out the operation was at 11am, not 9am. So, I hate little sleep and by the time the whole thing started, I felt a headache and stressed. I had a REALLY bad night the night before, and I was nervous(considering a DR was going to cut into my eye and so many things COULD go wrong) They gave me a cup full of pills so, by the time the Xanax (BENZO) took effect I felt so relaxed. I was just sitting back in a chair while the drugs kicked in and I was sleepy. They took me into the operating room. and I was laying down in a chair. They shot a liquid under my tongue to make me sleep. The bad part was, I woke up in the middle of the operation. Maybe because I didnt have enough of the drug! I feel the DR cut into my eye, it hurt. I just wanted it over with and it was over before I could really start to feel upset. He did use a stitch, which I was a little nervous about because the ideal situation would be no stitch. This is just what I heard, not sure if its really what he needed to do. Right after, my eye HURT. And I went home, ate a little then passed out in bed. When I woke up, my eye itched bad with pain. Good thing I got up, walked around, ate some more, and now the itch is gone! Thank god! So, yea the DR did it, and he said it went well. WHAT A RELIEF! The next eye is going to be done on Thursday. Thanks for reading my experience! Its very scary to have DR cut into your eye, and have something put in place that needs to be permanent. I'm just GRATEFUL my parents had the money to pay for all this!! Being early 20s, the one thing I had to look forward to was a stable prescription so I could have lasic done. When I found out about the ICL, I was given a 2nd chance at life! I cant wait to see the world with my new eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                  Try googling it.

I wish you well with your upcoming surgery and in particular that it may not cause or exacerbate any dry eye problems.
                  Thanks for your support! Everyone here is very nice, THANK YOU for listening!

Comment

Working...
                  X