This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having surgery on Thursday

So I had SJS back in 2003. Now my eye lids have become entropian (if that's the right way to say it). So anyways, my eye lashes scratch my eyes real bad and it has gotten to the point where I get headaches and I am losing all my eye lashes because I have to pull them out so often so they don't scratch. So the surgery I am having on Thursday, they are going to remove the scar tissue on the inside of my lids, take mucous membranes from the inside of my mouth and attach them to the inside of my eye lids to push my eye lids back out so they aren't inverted anymore. Pretty nervous but it will help relieve so much pain!

Has anyone had this surgery done before?

Any input would be great. I am pretty nervous.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the prodecudre you're having at all but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I am not familiar with the surgery, but you are in my thoughts and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Comment

May all be okay for you...Amen
          Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

I had the surgery last Thursday, and it went well! No more scratching from my eye lashes. I basically had entropian of the eye lashes and so he pushed them back out. This is a huge relief for me!

Comment

Hey thats pretty good news!
              Its so good to see people get healed..may it be not fully but from my decease i can say even a 10% relief is worth a gem.
              Hope n pray u stay improved.Have u been on steriods(oral or topical) after the surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by hirentherock View Post
                Hey thats pretty good news!
                Its so good to see people get healed..may it be not fully but from my decease i can say even a 10% relief is worth a gem.
                Hope n pray u stay improved.Have u been on steriods(oral or topical) after the surgery?
                No, it was a very easy surgery. Just cold compresses and that's it. Although my lip is still numb from where they took the membranes out of my mouth but that's about it. Also, the membranes in my eye lids are swelling up a little and you can see them popping up over my eye lid margin, but the doctor said that will go down, and if it doesn't he can just cut them to reduce them a little.

Comment

Ohhkay...thats cool... hope all goes well...Take care

Comment

Working...
                  X