This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to mention that I am postponing my left eye for a couple weeks. We are having a small storm/hurricane is South Florida, so i don't want to be traveling during that. Plus, I want to give my right eye more time to heal. It is still red, but looks like it is improving.

-Joey

Comment

Hello everyone, just a quick update...

It has been 3 weeks today since my surgery. The redness is now equal to what my eye was like before. So it looks similar to my left eye now (the non surgery eye). I don’t have that “smooth” felling that so many people describe after the surgery. But it is still early. My eye is dry in the morning. And is comfortable for the most part of the day. Still a little bit of dryness, though.

I am getting the left eye done on September 21. So I will keep you all posted.

-Joey

Comment

I took some pictures this past weekend and wow, what a difference from the week before. I still have a bunch of red veins, but the overall redness is better. The dryness is geting better, too. This Thursday it will be one month since the surgery.

Take care all!

Comment

DESTINY, khasler, Joey, how are your eyes doing?

Comment

My eye is doing ok. It is at the point where the redness is similar to my non surgical eye. So hopefully this is where I see some changes. The dryness is getting a little better. I noticed that the operated eye feels a little more comfortable when using the computer all day. The only negative thing I have to report right now about the opertated eye is, that I can almost fell and see a folding/wrinkling in the amniotic membrane that is attached to the left part of that eye. I feel it more in the morning when my eye is at its dryest. This is something new, that I have just experienced recently. I go see Dr. Tseng on Thursday for the other eye operation. So I will report back about what he says.

Hope all is well with everyone.

-Joey

Comment

So this past Thursday I got my left eye operated on. Things seem to be about the same as when I got my right eye done. My right eye is still very red. Dr. Tseng said that it is normal and it needs more time to heal. So not much new news to report. I will write back if anyone has any questions.

Take care,
              Joey

Comment

How are the eyes doing Joey?

Comment

Um, so so I guess. My left eye is really red and uncomfortable still. It has only been a week since the surgery though. The right eye is improving. The healing was moving quickly for the first month, and now I feel like it has slowed down a bit. I do notice that my right eye is more comfortable during the day while using the computer. And also it is not as dry when I wake up in he morning, which is usually the driest time for me.

Comment

Np

Hello and sorry that I haven't posted for a while. I have been on Vacations! I wanted to let everyone know the ststus on my eyes. Overall they look 90% better which is important to me! As for the feeling of relief from dry eye I don't notice a big difference. I am still putting eye drops in all day long. I just put in dissolvable plugs in my uppers and I am noticing alot of relief. I my doc says that if tears aren't streaming down my face that I can get the two uppers cauterized! I am happy about this! I have my two lowers done and it is not giving me much relief!

As for the membrane. It is kind of wierd. My right eye was my bad eye and it is now my good eye! Strange I know but the membrane integrated perfectly and there is hardly any redness! My left eye seems to be integrating slower and you can still see the membrane and this is causing some ridgy parts in the conjunctiva. I did notice that when I had the surgery done the membrane in the left eye was thicker. It made the eye look better after the surgery but obviously it is better to have the membrane thinner. The right eye looks really bad because the membrane was so thin and you could see all of the blood under it! Who knew!

I will keep posting my recovery to all who want to know. It has been a little over 2 months now and I am hoping by 3 my eyes will be perfectly healed! One thing that is strange about this surgery is the fact that your eyes don't change for a while then all of a sudden something is different! I will report back soon! Please write if you have any questions!

Comment

Glad to know you are still with us Destiny

I was afraid you had joined the land of the post surgery people that seem to dissapear!

Have you taken anymore picstures of your eyes? If so, I would be interested in seeing them. I still have been taking pictures every week of mine. My left eye is finally starting to look better. It still looks bad, but not as bad as last week.

Comment

cabin pressure

Hi,

for those that have had amniotic membrane grafts with Dr. Tseng (or anyone else) - did you fly to and from the surgery? I have conjunctivochalasis and might be getting this excised along with the am graft - and my aunt raised the question of whether I should fly after the surgery due to cabin pressure.

Scott

Comment

Still red!!!

Today it it 3 weeks for my left eye and 8 weeks for my right.

Ugh!! My eyes are still red. I am a little frustrated. They feel better, for the most part. They dont burn in front of the computer anymore. They feel more comfortable when I wake in the morning, they aren't as dry. Although, throughout the day they tear a lot. I have to keep wiping the tears away from my face. I have all 4 ducks plugged, so maybe it's time to take one out of each eye.

I just really want the red to go away though. Hopefully it will. My conjunctiva looks really strange, too. It is still kind of membrane looking, and not smoothed out with the underneath part of my eye. I have an appointment with Dr. Tseng on Monday, so I will post more after then.

Hope all is well. Today I am a little down and hesitant about the surgery, but maybe things will change soon

-Joey

Comment

Went to see Tseng on Monday...

Here is the follow up to my appointment with Dr. Tseng on Monday. I am still a bit hesitant but he said that I still have healing to do. He said that my conjunctiva is healed up, and he is very happy with how things look. Me on the other hand, I am a bit dissapointed. I can definitely see a ridge area from where the AM tissue and my conjunctiva healed up together. It looks like a big wrinkle. They said that it should smooth out. So we'll see. My eyes are still red and full of veins. He said that is from my existing veins and not from the surgery. I was a little confused because I was told that the AM tissue would regenerate the damaged area.

I feel like he is being very vague about the outcome. So I guess I wait and try not to freak out too much. My eyes are feeling better, however, I can still feel the areas to the right and left of my eyes. Almost like it's not smoothed out yet. (Which it isn't).

So that's what I have so far. It would be great to hear from the other people who have had this surgery done, too.

I feel like we are not getting this post viewed as much anymore because of it being moved and getting pushed back some pages. Anyone else agree?

Thanks,
                            Joey

Comment

Joey,

I always check this post because I am so interested in your progress. This thread is easy to spot every time I am on. You have over 2000 views!

I wish you luck as you continue healing. I will pray you eventually get the outcome you had hoped for.

D
                              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Following the thread

Joey,
                                I see this thread everytime you have posted. I have no problems viewing it and follow it with interest.
                                Hope you continue to heal.

Billye

Comment

Working...
                                X