This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can lasik make eye's even dryer?

My eyes are severely dry almost all the time now how it is and I can't see how it can get much worse. But if I decide to get lasik could my eye possibly get worse?

Originally posted by smb43432 View Post
    My eyes are severely dry almost all the time now how it is and I can't see how it can get much worse. But if I decide to get lasik could my eye possibly get worse?
    Trust me... it not only can but WILL get worse, if you get LASIK when your eyes are "severely dry almost all the time". If your clinical testing results indicate you are severely dry, no ethical, reputable and knowledgeable laser surgeon should be willing to perform the surgery.

Do a quick search on http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez Medline for "dry eye and lasik" if you think there's any chance I'm exaggerating.

If you want to know how much worse it can get, read Diana's story.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Trust me, I didn't have dry eyes before my surgery and I live with a constant struggle on a daily basis.

I certainly wouldn't be going anywhere near laser surgery if I already had this problem and you are absolutely misguided is you think that it can't get any worse.

Have you experienced recurrent corneal erosions at any time in the past? I can assure you from my own personal experience that they beat the hell out of any normal dry eye conditions I have ever experienced.

As Rebecca pointed out any Surgeon SHOULD reject you but I am sure that there would be plenty who wouldn't.

Please spend an hour reading this board and I hope there is enough to convince you that this is not a smart idea.

Ian

Comment

I didn't even notice my dry eye until I had LASIK. Do NOT opt for the surgery. It could be very dangerous for you.

Any doctor who agrees to perform surgery on you should be arrested and hanged.
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat View Post
          Any doctor who agrees to perform surgery on you should be arrested and hanged.
          I have another suggestion, how about a game of leapfrog with that pet unicorn of yours Diana.

Ian

Comment

That's a great idea, Ian.

First we throw sand in his eyes, force a game of naked leapfrog with the biggest unicorn we can find, then we hang 'im.

Comment

Whooooaaaaa kids. I'll have you know we have a no-tolerance policy about violence on this board.

I can just picture it now. A bucket of sand, a unicorn and a noose show up in the lobby of a lasik clinic and the poor little Dry Eye Company gets sued as accessory to a hate crime.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

...okay then first we'll make the LASIK surgeon sign a water-tight consent form. Then we'll get nasty with him.

Comment

Violence - who's suggesting violence, I was just suggesting a playful game!

I am still laughing at the thought of the vision I can see in the lasik surgeon's office, a surgeon signing a form under duress, Diana with a bucket of sand and an over zealous unicorn - we could use the surgeons words that keep resonating in my head (from my surgery) - brace yourself, this may get a little uncomfortable.

Comment

If you don't mind, Ian, I'd like to use my surgeons words too (the ones he used as he looked at my post-LASIK shivering, anxiety-riddled body sitting in his chair imploring his help...), "...now don't go bad-mouthing me all over town".

Yes, I think that will do nicely once he's lost our game of leapfrog.

Comment

Working...
                    X