This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conductive Keratoplasty

Firstly, this isn't a dry eye treatment. It is surgery for people like me who are far-sighted and have difficults with reading up close because of this condition.

The reason I am posting this here is because I also have severe dry eyes and would like to know if anybody, with dry eyes, has underwent this treatment. I am told that there is no risk for dry eyes from it, unlike lasik which we all know the risks of.

But, I tend not to trust doctors so I am hoping that one of you might be familiar with this and share your experiences. I haven't decided yet whether to go through with it or not. It will cost me $2,000 if I do but I won't need reading glasses for up close work.

Danny,
    You might want to ask how long you won't need reading glasses. What is the rate of regression, in other words how long does it take for your cornea to begin returning to its original state. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by indrep View Post
      Danny,
      You might want to ask how long you won't need reading glasses. What is the rate of regression, in other words how long does it take for your cornea to begin returning to its original state. Just a thought.
      Thanks Indrep. I did. They said three years. But after the first operation for $1800, it only costs $750 to have it done again.

Comment

Working...
      X