This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those dissatisfied with AMT results due to redness

For those of you who had AMT done due to redness only to have it return afterwards:

What was your original problem that you believed caused the redness? And was that problem ever resolved by means other than AMT?

As for the veins that returned, are they in the sclera or the conjunctiva?? I think the way to tell the difference is if the veins move or they can be whitened with drops they are in the conjunctiva.

I am just wondering if those who had veins return actually had those veins in the underlying sclera all along, which would not be helped by AMT. Or if the underlying condition was never resolved so the eye was still irritated.

Part of me wonders if this doctor intentionally ruined my life. Everywhere I search on the web, conjunctival / eye surface surgeries are treated with prednisone or an NSAID topical anti-inflammatory with an antibioitic topical. I only received an antibiotic ointment. Why wouldnt he prescribe an anti-inflammatory?

Two samples:

Treatment

Postoperative follow-up and drug

regimen: Zymar ophthalmic solution

(gatifloxacin, Allergan), one drop

four times a day, and Xibrom

(bromfenac ophthalmic solution,

Ista Pharmaceuticals), one drop

twice a day, are used for 1 week

after surgery. Pred Forte 1% drops

(prednisolone acetate, Allergan)

are used four times a day for 2

weeks, and then tapered off over

the following 2 weeks.

After surgery, all patients

received ciprofloxacin 0.3%

(Ciloxan, Alcon Laboratories Inc.,

Fort Worth, TX, USA) eye drops

four times a day for 1 week

depending on the presence of

corneal epithelial defect and

prednisolone acetate 1% (Pred

Forte, Allergan, Irvine, CA, USA)

four times daily, tapered over 2

months.

Comment

Have you talked to a doctor that says he could help you? I guess it is hard to find a patient that has done that surgery aswell. Have you read about AMT surgery on this site? They are not really happy, or maybe one was.

The doctor that did your surgery what did he say?
      was that a surgery for red eyes? or someting else? Have you sent an email to Dr Gulani? He is doing AMT surgerys right? mybe only when you have ptrygium. I think you are right, that some veins are removeable but some just not because people with ptrygium has veins and after surgery it looks ok most of the time. There must be some hope for you i think.

Comment

The thing is, I think if people are happy with the results, they dont feel the need to come back here. And no one ever posts pictures.

Sometimes I wonder the full extent of people's dissatisfaction. Is it more vanity or is it really cosmetically unacceptable?? If people posted pictures more often, we'd at least have a clue.

Anyhow the more I think about it, the more I think the doctor was either inexperienced or downright malicious. If he was experienced, he had to have known the results of what he did and did not do (as in scarring my eye with his incisions and multiple sutures and not prescribing an anti-inflammatory).

I read fore surgeries like pterygium removal, there should be no visible scars, even though it is usually in the visible part of the eye. My scar and redness extends from beneath the eyelid into the visible portion of the eye.

Comment

I had AMT for conjunctivochalasis about 3 months ago. Though it did not help with my eye pain/dryness, I dont think it hurt anything either. It is on the very outer corner of my eye and not really visible, at times the area is quite clear. However, if my eyes are irritated I think you could see it (pinkish) if you looked close. I am only 3 months out though and I think healing is 6 months or more.....
          Are you experiencing pain?

Comment

Originally posted by autumnn View Post
            I had AMT for conjunctivochalasis about 3 months ago. Though it did not help with my eye pain/dryness, I dont think it hurt anything either. It is on the very outer corner of my eye and not really visible, at times the area is quite clear. However, if my eyes are irritated I think you could see it (pinkish) if you looked close. I am only 3 months out though and I think healing is 6 months or more.....
            I have extreme redness, prominent veins and itching. No pain. I have dry eyes but not to the extent it causes me pain.

Comment

Originally posted by autumnn View Post
              BTW, what did you get for post operative care? What type of eye drops? Were your eyes clear immediately after surgery or was there redness that took some time to resolve? I was told my eyes would look clear the next day.

Comment

Working...
              X