X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing red eyes by laser

Hi!

I have social anxiety and whenever I'm out in public, my eyes become red, witch make me even more nervouse. This is a HUGE problem for me, I want to look people in the eyes when I talk to them, but can't as long as my eyes are red...

Is there ANY way to remove the rednes, and I'm not thinking about eye drops, but an "forever operation"? Please answer me, thanks
    The cure: be open minded

I havent heard of an operation for this but perhaps you can tackle the cause of the reddness- maybe it is allergies? Perhaps you need lubricating drops, goggles and/or other methods discussed on this forum to get your eyes healthier? In the meantime, maybe wearing glasses will disguise some of your embarrassment?

Comment

Same thing

Redandsensitive, I have the same thing as you... red ugly veins in my eyes (if you can, go see the pictures in my profile). I wish I knew how to remove them. They are getting worse now, as time goes by...

I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I wear the Tranquileyes goggles at night: in the morning, my eyes are so much whiter, not perfect but at least acceptable compared to what they become as the day goes by...

It seems that the more I put eye drops in them (about every 2 hrs), they become more and more red and veiny. BUT, if I do not put drops, I will get severe headaches and pain in my eyes... this happens if I try to go even 3 hours without drops...

I wish I could stop the drops, but I haven't had any success.

If anyone has any idea why those veins appear, or how to get rid of them, please let us know!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have heard of a doctor (Do not know his name) in Austria doing this laser thing for red veins in the eyes but there is a chance that the veins could come back. I am thinking about doing that but I am not sure. I want the veins to be gone forever.

Dan_Can,

Do you have veins near the ear or near the nose side or both? I do not know why I have this ugly things, but maybe it has somthing to do with that the eyes can not breath or somthing. I got this ugly veins when I started useing a gel in my eyes 2 times a day.

Comment

If anyone knows a way to remove the veins pleas let me know.

Comment

Sanna,

The veins start in the corner of my eye, go completely accross the sclera, and touch the "colored" part of my eye. And this is on both sides, and both eyes.

Even worse, on one of my eyes, I have a vein starting in the corner, going across, then going down and ending in what looks like a root. It looks TOTALLY ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have pictures of my eyes in an album in my profile. These were taken about a year ago. My eyes have worsened since then... very discouraging.

Funny how you mentioned the start of these veins after using a gel: the veins in my eyes started showing up after using an ophtalmic ointment at night. I have stopped it for almost a year, but my eyes continued to form new vessels...

I am wondering though if there is a connection between the gel/ointment and the veins!!!

Comment

I asked my dr. about the veins too, and he said the veins form because my eyes were starved for oxygen from lack of tears.

I also have occular rosecea and tons of broken capillaries on my face so why not in my eyes as well. lol

I do notice that if I keep the moisture constant, they are better, but I got some doozies that will never go away.

Melissa
              pianolady

Comment

Dan Can,

I saw the pictures of your eyes. My eys are red on the sides near the ear (both eyes). I do not know if there are any new vessels starting to grow. I stopped with the ointment when I read somthing that a doctor on this website wrote. I guess that the ointment works as a lense in the eyes and when your eyes can not breath than the vessels started to grow or somthing... (not sure)

I can not belive the doctor told me to use this. I have never used lenses in my eyes ever so it is not the cause of my problem.
                I have a thing called pinguecula in one of my eyes I am thinking of removeing because it is always dry and bother me all the time I am thinking of removing the vessels in that eye at the same time. the thing is the vessels can come back. I will let you know how it works if I do that. (I am only on this waiting list to see the doctor so it can take mounths before I do, I live in Sweden and the healthcare is not the best, It is like living in the deep jungle somewhere)

do you have pain in your eye aswell ? I do where the red vessels are.

I always look at other peoples "whites" and I wish my eyes looks like that. (they did look like that before)
                Last edited by sanna; 16-May-2009, 04:49.

Comment

[QUOTE=dan_can;41412]Redandsensitive, I have the same thing as you... red ugly veins in my eyes (if you can, go see the pictures in my profile). I wish I knew how to remove them. They are getting worse now, as time goes by...

Dan Can - I just looked at your pictures - you have beautiful eyes!!! Everyone has veins when looking that close. I wonder if these veins cause you inflammations often. Mines do and this is a big problem. But otherwise - white eyes with some veins are not that ugly.

Comment

Avee - Thank you for the positive comments... it is nice to read that someone out there thinks your eyes look nice!

I guess it's because I did not have ANY of these veins before - my eyes were my best asset, they were really and I mean REALLY nice.

Also, these pics were taken about a year back - my eyes have gotten worse since then. There are more vessels, and more prominent ones as well. If things have worsened in a year, and I'm 29, how will my eyes look at the age of 60???????? It really frightens me!!!!!!!!

Sanna - Do you have pictures of your eyes? I totally agree with you : why the heck were we told to put that stuff in our eyes?!? BY A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!
                    Like you, I stopped using the ointment after reading what Dr. Holly wrote on this website about it's negative effects. And, like you, I also look at people's whites, WISHING I WOULD HAVE RUN OUT OF THAT LASIK ROOM THAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have any pain : where the vessels are though, it is very ichy. I don't rub, I try to blink and just squint to make the itch go away.

Comment

Dan_Can

I donīt have any pictures. I have tried to take pictures of my eyes but my camera is not the best, my eyes looks very white, and thats not what they look like at all. The veins in my eyes looks like your veins in your eyes.

Have you been to a doctor? what did the doctor tell you about this. My lasekdoctor told me at first "some people just have sensitive eyes" Well, I do not have that, and than he asked if I were useing lenses. Do not know why I should be useing lenses when I did laser surgery. He did not think that the gel or eyedrops could cause this but than he told me too stop useing eyedrops and gel anyway (the gel I allready stopped useing)
                      Have you seen the article that "dryasadesert" talks about? (the article about probiotic)

Avve,

Do you know why you have red eyes?
                      Last edited by sanna; 21-May-2009, 01:08.

Comment

I was told that when the veins are out more it is inflammation. I do see when my eyes hurt more the veins are so bad. I am not sure about laser as I would be scared for more pain or damage done. Do you have blepheritis too? I wish I had more answers. I have heard and for me I see nothing but omega's can help. Just be careful with some things. Trust me I understand this causing self esteem issues because I now don't wear make up and have to wear glasses but at this point I just want no pain.

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
                          Hi!

I have social anxiety and whenever I'm out in public, my eyes become red, witch make me even more nervouse. This is a HUGE problem for me, I want to look people in the eyes when I talk to them, but can't as long as my eyes are red...

Is there ANY way to remove the rednes, and I'm not thinking about eye drops, but an "forever operation"? Please answer me, thanks
                          This has been brought up before, and someone said that there is no safe operation at the time; trying to use laser on the veins can be dangerous to the cornea. I have the same problem, and suffer from social anxiety. People think I'm very shy and unfriendly, when it's really because I'm afraid to look at people with my red eyes. I wear glasses to shield them from any irritants and reduce glare, but stress and flourescent lights make my eyes worse. I've had doctors tell me that I just have extra sensitive eyes.

Comment

Sanna - yes, I did see a doctor at the Critical Care wing of the Eye Institute (Ottawa General Hospital) for some time. He was like "oh, these veins may go away... or not... you'll see that they become worse if you're in a smokey room...(???) Every time I'd ask a question, he just "diverted" to another subject. I asked about removing them, he answered "not a good option, it might do more damage". He was no help at all... and I saw the BEST OF THE BEST!!! My vision is fine (great even... 20/10 in low light) and so that was all that was important to him.

So no, I do not know why I have red eyes, nor do I know how to get rid of them. But, I am CONVINCED the eye oitment had something to do with it, since it all started when I started using the oitment (which was about 5 months post-lasik)!!!

I haven't read the article you mentioned, where can I find it?

GinaJ - no, I do not have blepheritis. Like you though, I no longer wear makeup on my eyes, and I have to wear wraparound sunglasses ALL THE TIME when outdoors, I'm like "super-photophobic"... even if it is not sunny, I have a hard time keeping my eyes open outside!!! I agree - very hard on the self-esteem.

Is this the price to pay for no longer wearing vision correction glasses????

Comment

I have used restasis for three jonths now, and I find that it does help with the redness which probably is inflammation. I also wear the goggles almost all day which helps keep the redness down. I think the restasis really helps. Before restasis, I was using Soothe with mineral oil, probably not the best, but I did find that helped to evven to just use it once a day. My eyes can hold out well until about 2-4 PM, then I too had to use drops every hour to hour and half. I started puting lacriserts in at about 2 and that helped tremendously with the constant moisture. My eyes don't seem to get as red. Watch your screen time. That really makes me red as does red wine. BUMMER I have occular rosacea and I have to really watch my facial redness as well. If my face burns; my eyes burn.

Melissa
                              pianolady

Comment

Working...
                              X