X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need feedback on amniotic membrane transplant surgery ASAP

Hi,
    I'm new to this website.
    I'm scheduled for amniotic membrane transplant surgery by Dr. Scheffer Tseng on August 4, 2009 (for conjunctivochalasis). Please share your experiences with me, pro and con, regarding this surgery and what I can expect during the healing process.
    Thanks so much!
    You can also e-mail me at gumenick@bellsouth.net
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Since there are not very many people here who have undergone this procedure, and those who have don't necessarily visit frequently, you may or may not get any responses to this soon. I would recommend reading through the archives in the SURGERY section under dry eye treatments. There have been quite a few threads about it over the years.

Here's one, and here's another.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Just had AMT Surgery

Hello, Linda Rose, I am responding to your posting a bit late, but I wanted to connect with you as I just had the AMT surgery last week (Wed), so I'm exactly 1 week post-op and I've had such a wonderful response -- no pain -- that I wanted to see how it went w/you. I had my surgery done by Dr. Fouraker here in the Tampa Bay area. He is a highly regarded Corneologist who actually was part of the team that developed this surgery for Conjunctivochalsis. I hope you will respond. Linda H. - (lindyluhig@aol.com)

Comment

Working...
      X