Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feels like a full recovery

Hello,
    I wanted to share my experience in case it might be helpful to anyone looking for treatment options.
    A brief summary: I'm a 28 year old female and have been dealing with mild blepharitis for a year and a half. I believe it was brought on by allergies during a move. I also have eczema, which I am told by my Doctor can contribute as well. My symptoms for about a year were mainly irritation, some redness and itchy eyes, as well as crusting in the morning. For the first year, I tried to keep my eyes clean but I continued to wear makeup. It never got really bad but it never got better either.

This spring, I began to have symptoms of meibomitis: a small lump in one of my eyelids. I went back to my Doctor who was very stern with me about sticking to the prescribed regime, NOT wearing makeup, etc. He warned me that if I didn't take care of this now, it could become chronic, so I started to take it very seriously.

For a month and a half I did warm compresses 4-6x a day, EVERY day, never skipped. I didn't wear any makeup. I also took doxycycline once a day and used antibiotic ointment at night (though sometimes I found this irritating). At first it seemed things got worse for a couple weeks. Then it improved and I began to have a lot of discharge from my eyes for 3-4 weeks, so I did a lot of lid massaging to get out the oil. I went back to my Doctor after a month and he said my eyes were almost perfect but to continue the routine & medication for another month. So I've still been doing it, and I have no irritation, no discharge, and most importantly (for me) no more crusting in the morning. That was the one symptom I could never get to go away completely. I'd read on another blog about a woman who'd had success using the face wash "Desert Essence" (With tea tree oil) for blepharitis. So I've started washing my eyes with it at night and in the morning. Since then, I've had no more crusting, and that was the last, most annoying symptom for me.

Right now I'm still doing 10min hot compresses every night before bed and taking doxy. But no more antibiotic ointment. I've got an appointment with my Doctor in a couple weeks and I expect to have reached a full recovery. My eyes feel great, completely normal and symptom free. I know I'll have to maintain a good hygiene routine from here on out, but I am so glad to have my eyes back to normal. I really believe it was without a doubt the hot compresses that did it. So, there's my advice, hope it's helpful. Good luck to all of you!

Thanks, Georgia!

This is a great example of an easy to read instruction post on how to fix dry eyes! I hope some of the newbies come here and read it. It's to the point and from what I see pretty darn good. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X