Feeling Great (except For Gash)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling Great (except For Gash)

23 Months Out From Custom Interlase Lasik. I Was Dry From Day One. I Am Quad Plugged Since 3 Months Out, But I Still Didn't Have Relief. For The Past Six Weeks I Have Been Feeling Great And This Is With Forced Dry Heat In My House :d. What I've Been Doing:

Taking Coconut Oil 1 Tbl Spoon A Day.
    Oil Pulling - Like Gargling, But You Do It With Oil For 15 Minutes 2-3x A Day. I Use Nutiva Coconut Oil - (i Just Like The Taste). I Think This Gets Oils To The Glands In Your Eyes Sublingually. Its Out There, But It's Working For Me. You Can Google "oil Pulling" And There's Several Articles On It
    Taking Apple Cider Vinegar And Manuka Honey 1 Tbl Ea In Glass 1-2x Day

I Also Am Taking Lugol's Iodine - But I'm Working With A Naturpathic Doctor - Tests Show Anemia, Adrenal Fatigue Low Thyroid. So We Are Looking At Adding In Glandular Supplements - I Would Not Do This Without Working With A Dr.

My Theory Is I Already Had Some Low Level Hormonal/anemic/digestive Issues That I Think Were Already Compromising The Glands In Eyes - I Just Didn't Have Obvious Symptoms. Then Lasik Send Me Over The Edge.

I Still See Gash At Night And Some During The Day, But That's Separate From Eye Pain And Dryness And Something I've Pretty Much Decided That I Can Live With If I Can Have No Pain.

How Do I Know I'm Better? - My Eyes Aren't Super Red When I Wake Up. My Eyes Aren't Running With Tears Every Morning For 3-4 Hours Due To The Mgd Kicking In At Night. My Eyes Don't Get Horribly Dry In Evening For 2 Hours Like They Used To. They Just Feel Alot Better, And I Want To Dare To Say Almost Normal. - I'm Afraid To Say It Because Us With Bad Eyes Know That It Can Strike Out Of The Blue At Any Time. But I Am Feeling Better And I Hope This Helps Someone Out There. It's Been Such A Long Road.

Thank you so much for posting this! I figure I had basic contact lens dryness coupled with accutane a long time ago -- then yeah, LASIK sent it all over the edge. I have HOPE I'll keep getting better. I should get back to a natropath and try some more things. BUT the one time i did go, she did indeed recommend coconut oil as good for body oils -- she even suggested coconut milk.

Anyways -- so glad to hear this.

Comment

Chicken,

What a great update from you. All of us post-LASIK people need to hear these stories more than you know.

I have heard of oil pulling before, and actually the olive-oil-around-the-eyes that some of us have been trying may operate with the same philosophy, i.e., the oil pulls out impurities. Perhaps I will try the actual oil pulling one of these days to see if it works better. How do you gargle for 15 minutes?? Or are you basically swishing/gargling/spitting and then repeating the process again?

Adrenal fatigue is to blame for a lot of health problems, so I can totally believe what the natropathic doc is getting at. I'm sure you know this but our lacrimal and meibomian glands are basically controlled by the adrenals. It's all connected!

And finally, I too am familiar with feeling "almost normal." But it is hard to get your hopes up after so many battles. I think if we can be happy feeling 95% most days, then if we have a bad day, we can look at it as merely a bump in the road.

Here's to more good days for you ahead!!

- Rose

Comment

better

Laura - keep the faith. I think time does have alot to do with it - trama, nerve regeneration. But do try a natropath. Unfortunately, there are no quick fixes and we run into alot of dead ends, but keep plugging away at it.

Comment

better

Rose, I just swish it around for about 10-15 minutes, then spit it out and rinse with water. I think you might gag if you tried to gargle - if it gets back too far, the reflex reaction kicks in - oiliness

Thanks for posting back! Its like a light bulb went on when I started researching the meibomian glands and put it together with my adrenal fatigue.

Yes, the good days are starting to outweigh the bad!

Thanks so much for your support and to all the others who've encouraged me along the way.

Comment

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/vinegar-and-honey.html

sounds great. I will try it.

Comment

Working...
            X