bandage contact relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandage contact relief

I've been wearing a bandage contact (Night & Day) in my worse eye for about 3 weeks now.
    My previous OD visit revealed some pretty bad erosions and filaments in that eye. I saw him again this week and he told me it looked better than he had ever seen it.
    In the few minutes I had the contact out in his exam room it all came back to me again. I can't believe I was in so much discomfort for so long previously.
    The contact is allowing my epithelial to heal but not doing anything to rectify the case of the dry eye itself.
    My diagnostic theory is graft vs host disease as a result of a bone marrow and stem cell transplants.
    Although not a "cure", it's been great not to wear swim goggles every waking moment and to actually be able to go through long days of meeting without any eye wear on.
    -Ric
    "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
    -Albert Camus

Ric - this is great news. Especially for those to whom bandage lenses have been recommended, as I know there is some hesitation to try them out.

I hope the healing continues.

- Rose

Comment

Ric, it's great to hear that you're having some symptomatic improvement!! Do you think that scleral lenses would provide further relief? In terms of treating the dry eyes itself, I'm not sure what the options for your diagnosis is, but I have been told that one patient using Oasis HA drops have had significant improvement in their ocular surface.

Comment

Working...
      X