Update: Dry eye still improving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: Dry eye still improving

Just had my 6 month checkup today and the doctor said my eyes looked excellent! Barely any inflammation, Meibomian glands good, no dry spots. He said if this had been the first time he had seen me, he would have diagnosed "mild dry eye." Two and a half years ago I was in bad shape, Schirmers at 2, blepharitis, itchy, red, etc.

This is good news for me, because for about 4 months now I have been purposefully "slacking off" with my morning Eye Spa routine (rice baggy, q-tip oil expression, lid cleaning). I cut down to only about twice a week from doing it every day.

My goal was to free myself from being chained to the daily regimen---to find out how much I really needed to do to keep stable.

Still doing:
    Genteal gel, TranquilEyes for night
    FreshKote 1-2 x per day
    Dwelle 1-2 x per day

Calli

congrats!! That's amazing! What did you do to bring down the inflammation and get the meibomian glands working again?

Comment

My meibomians were never totally plugged, I guess.

Truthfully, I don't know what I've been doing about the inflammation. I'm following a low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligo-, Di- and Mono-saccharides And Polyols) diet because of my digestive problems (fructose and fructans malabsorption).

I'm pretty sure it's helping my intestinal inflammation, so maybe it's somehow helping my eyes too.

I started going to exercise class 3 times a week and have lost some weight and feel stronger.

Heck, I really don't know. Those are the main changes I've made since I saw the doctor last.

C

Comment

Originally posted by calli66 View Post
        My meibomians were never totally plugged, I guess.

Truthfully, I don't know what I've been doing about the inflammation. I'm following a low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligo-, Di- and Mono-saccharides And Polyols) diet because of my digestive problems (fructose and fructans malabsorption).

I'm pretty sure it's helping my intestinal inflammation, so maybe it's somehow helping my eyes too.

I started going to exercise class 3 times a week and have lost some weight and feel stronger.

Heck, I really don't know. Those are the main changes I've made since I saw the doctor last.

C
        Hi, I'm glad you're doing great!. What were your digestive problem symptoms ? How did you know couldn't tolerate fruits ? Thanks

Comment

Calli-this is great. Do you have Sjogrens or other autoimmune? Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Yes, Sjogren's and Hashimoto's.

Comment

Symptoms were food intolerances: onions, garlic, most fruits, inulin, anything with chicory, any of the so-called low cal sugars like sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol, etc.

Bad bloating, bowel inflammation/pain (I got a complete check for this, results negative).

Inflammation of all sorts apparently goes along with Sjogren's. I've had those food sensitivities for 30 years and until I found information on this topic, I had no explanation. I'm not allergic to any of the major foods---got tested this year.

C

Comment

Working...
              X