Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And another thing that helped... no more duvets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another thing that helped... no more duvets!

Sorry, I forgot to put this in my original L O N G post. Its worth reading for anyone who has eye/skin problems.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/...ries/s2015.htm

That was really interesting! Thanks for posting the link!

Comment

Yes, that is an interesting article.

I've done all the anti-allergy bedding stuff but it's worth considering a few more changes. My husband says the way I wrap myself in the duvet makes me resemble a creature enclosed in a cocoon and wouldn't look out of place attached to a leaf or twig. Maybe the duvet should take a rest.

Comment

Well, I now find that I can't sleep with a duvet (on those rare occasions I'm at a hotel, for instance), I wake up feeling so uncomfortable. I have to remove the duvet cover and sleep under that!
        Being too warm at night is definitely an eye trigger for me.

Comment

Is the problem the duvet cover, or what's inside it? For example, are you allergic to a down filled comforter that might be inside the duvet cover? If so, you might want to make sure you avoid down pillows. too.

Comment

hi gz9gjg, the problem is actually the overheating caused by the duvet. so too many blankets, equally, cause me problems.

Comment

I have a feeling that (overheating) might not be helping in my case.

Comment

re: duvets

I'm always cold, so I loved climbing into bed at night and curling up under my huge, thick duvet... I felt like I'd warm up so much faster that way. But, on most nights, when I'd wake up to put in drops, or to get some water, I'd be TOTALLY soaked with sweat...

Soooo... I figured I'd be the perfect candidate to try NOT using my duvet for a while.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I've noticed any difference with my eyes..

BUT, I have SO much more ENERGY now!! It's been almost 2 weeks and I can't get over the difference! I still wake up the same amount of time per night... the only thing that's changed is the lack of a duvet.

I guess the overheating was causing me to not get as good a quality of sleep as I should be, and now that I've fixed that, it's helped a lot!

How cool!

You'd think I would have considered doing this ages ago... but man... I just loved that cozy feeling of curling up under that duvet... oh well... better late than never!

Comment

That's excellent, I'm so glad you've seen an improvement! I notice now that if I overheat when asleep my eyes are worse, but that doesn't (sadly) mean that sleeping cool is the Cure.

I've always liked this research because it seems so obvious, and yet it never occurred to me either until I came across this dermatologist... first class deduction work, I think.

Comment

This works for me

For the last two years or so, I have been waking up with my eyelids sticking to my eyeball. It has been not just painful trying to open my eyes in the morning, but scary and frustrating.

I have gone to several ophtalmoligists and their prescriptions don't work for me. However, I have found that putting a wet rag over my eyes, helps them open without any pain or discomfort. It only takes about seconds.

I hope with this, I can help some one who may be panicking like I was.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      Yes, that is an interesting article.

My husband says the way I wrap myself in the duvet makes me resemble a creature enclosed in a cocoon and wouldn't look out of place attached to a leaf or twig.
                      Irish Eyes - Thank you for that great laugh. I do the same thing and I get similar comments - but not as good as that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X