eyes are now moist and comfortable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes are now moist and comfortable!

I've already posted elsewhere at Dry Eye Talk about the success of a couple minor oculoplastic surgery procedures to fix problems that the surgeon said are fairly common among people with dry eye.

The procedures:

1. reduced excess conjunctiva, making my eyeballs much smoother.
    2. made the inside corner of my lower lid close more tightly.

Neither of the corrected problems were noticed by the several ophthalmologists I'd seen for dry eye. I'd noticed the excess conjunctiva but assumed it was normal.

There is a bit more detail in my post recommending the oculoplastic surgeon, Scot Sullivan (Portland, Oregon, formerly a U of Oklahoma medical school professor in his field). So if you search for his name at Dry Eye Talk, you can read more if you are interested.

My eyes are now moist and comfortable all the time, despite the fact that I do a lot of computer work and am 58 years old. I no longer have to use humidifiers, eye drops, goggles, etc.

I hadn't even hoped for such an excellent outcome.

This is awesome news! Glad to hear you're doing well!

Comment

gracie99

Gracie99,

I had similar procedures, amniotic membrane transplantation for a loose conjunctiva and a canthoplasty with an alloderm spacer to lift and tighten my lower lid and it really helped me also. Unfortunately, the procedures didn't do anything for my blocked meibomian glands, but at least my eyes look and feel better.

Comment

Working...
      X