Making Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Progress

I was diagnosed with dry eyes six months before I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. My doctors think that my dry eye stems from my thyroid or lack thereof. Since then, my cancer has been long cured (Thank God) but I'm still battling the dry eye syndrome. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but when I changed my diet to organic and eliminated high fructose corn syrup completely, my dry eyes improved quite a bit. I've been doing that since January of this year.

Also, I began cleaning my eyelids with baby shampoo after I read about it on the dry eye site. I had previously tried the lid scrubs but they would irritate me and make me worse, possibly because I was allergic to one of the ingredients. As soon as I started using the baby shampoo, I felt like my tear glands started to open up and were producing more tears, while the lid scrubs did nothing. I use the Aveeno Baby Shampoo (not sure if that had anything to do with it vs. another brand). In addition, I use Restasis twice a day which helps. If I skip a dose, I get a dry patch on my cornea immediately which if left unchecked turns into a corneal erosion. After reading the praises of Dwelle on this site, I finally decided to try it so I could have a re-wetting drop to use in between Restasis doses. This is after I had tried Refresh, Systane, and Optive and feeling like they would last maybe 5 minutes and evaporate. Genteal Gel and Soothe XP were better for me but I feel that Dwelle is more powerful than both of them. I got a bad dry spot the other day and I put in Dwelle and boom, I felt like the moisture from the drop was adhering to the dry spot and healing it as opposed to other OTC drops which just made it wet for 5 minutes and evaporated. I'm hoping that this continues to help as I have had drops work for a few weeks and then stop. So far, 3 weeks and going strong - my vision feels clearer with the combination of the baby shampoo, Dwelle, and Restasis. Praying that it continues but I figured I'd post my story up there because it might help someone else.

Ok, you sold me. I really didn't like dwelle last time I used it because of copious flaking on me eyelashes. But, I think I might try it again! Thanks for the info. By the way, I really like oasis - it also feels like it lasts for awhile if not overused and no flaking.

Comment

Working...
    X