success with plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• success with plugs

Hi I had lasik back in April 2010 and suffered from moderate dry eye that was causing me a lot of worry. The eye doctor put in 3 week disposable plugs in the bottom of my eyes and this has made a huge improvement. It's been just over 3 weeks since the plugs went in and they seem to be still working. The only dryness now is as soon as I wake up. I will probably get permanent plugs but will wait and see. Putting in the plugs was pretty quick and easy. I recommend that you discuss this option with your eye dr.

Thanks for your post. I'm suffering from moderate dry eyes and have an upcoming appointment to discuss options, and I'd like to try plugs (the ones that don't last forever in case they don't work) to start, rather than restasis. Your post encourages me. Did they hurt to have put in?

Comment

Hi, I too am a post LASIK, the only relief I have had in the almost two years since this happened is permanent silicon plugs. When I loose one, I really know it and head right back for a quick replacement! Good luck!

Brad

Comment

Working...
      X