Lids are HEALED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lids are HEALED!

I had HORRIBLE painful lids. red, irritated, and I was in constant misery.
    I went to Dr after Dr. I kept getting the same advise, lid compresses, scrubs doxy, supplements , no makeup .
    Same story, different co-pay.
    After 3 years I recently decided this was crazy. OBVIOUSLY it was not working. Why should I keep it up?
    So I decided that maybe my whole approach was dead wrong. I noticed my lids were raw, just like years before my hands had once been. The diagnosis at that time, had been eczema. Caused by, get this, too much water.
    Now since I had been scrubbing and compressing and dropping non stop for 3 years ,
    maybe all this moisture was doing just the opposite of what I had hoped for.

So, time to try a new track,

#1: Dry it out. Stop all scrubs and compresses. Use Rosaliac , a no rinse cleanser, for face and eyes.

# 2 Treat for mites.
    Though my Dr's had all claimed they saw no signs of demodex I had always suspected mites. I went on a search for mites in general and noticed the symptoms strongly resembled my own, minus the eye factor.
    So I started treating myself for bird mites. A mite is a mite I figured. Plus I do have birds, treatments:
    Nixoral shampoo for my hair ,
    and most amazing,
    Gold bond medicated menthol powder for my lids.

Unbelievably! IT WORKED ! No more burning, no more pain.
    One more time, NO MORE PAINFUL LIDS!!!!!
    Whenever they burn now, I take a q-tip and dust my lids, and face. I have to insert a disclaimer, states not to use it in eye area,
    but, just don't touch my bottle, and no one gets hurt.

#4 A UV light to kill everything that might be a mite

I don't claim to know better than your Dr. But I could not continue to follow advice that I knew was not working .
    After 3 years, I had had enough.

Wow, that is great news and wonderful problem solving. I think it's good that you really tried to follow the doctor's advice for three years and then moved on when it wasn't working for you.

Congratulations! Now, if only you could get those copays back...

Comment

No joke, I am going through a divorce and totaled my Medical expenses for last year. Prescription co-pays alone were close to $2,000.
      That is with good coverage and mail order. No telling what I paid in Dr visits, over the counter drops, missed work, and depression.
      I even tried hypnosis and therapy in a attempt to control my pain .

A few dollars at Walmart for some medicated powder.
      I never would have believed it.

Now if it only worked on cheating, good for nothing.... oops, different website.

Comment

congratz

The UV light... Do you light your eyes (eyes closed) with this light, so the UV light kills all micro organisms?

I have a fungus prob in my eyes, so I think about use a UV light, to kill those fungi in my lids... Is this safe?
        The cure: be open minded

Comment

NO!! The light I use on bedding, sleep mask, carpets. Anything I think might touch my skin, or house mites.
          The directions say NOT TO EXPOSE EYES OR SKIN.
          Sorry, should have clarified that.
          I should also mention the powder must be the menthol type. Apparently it is the repellent.
          Why do you think you have a fungus problem?

I should also mention my first eye infection -incident happened while filling a bird feeder. I got something in my eye,
          and 10 minutes later my eye was the size of my nose. I was treated for that, but started going downhill rapidly.
          Staph infections, stye after stye . Chalazion, and I just knew it originated in my lashes. Then the lids were just a mess.
          I hated to look at anyone. I did thousands of dollars of allergy testing, plugs. You name it I tried it.
          The diagnosis was rosacea. Which no one knows the cause or cure for.
          One theory is demodex mites.

Comment

Congratulations skygoddess - what wonderful news! I want to try the powder since I've suspected mites to be contributing to my eyes/lids/lashes as well. How exactly do you apply it? Do you use clean fingers or an applicator? Also, how much do you use and how often? any details would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

I think it is combo of Nixoral shampoo and Gold Bond extra strength menthol powder that has turned the tide.
              I would recommend searching bird mites.
              I wrote down a list of tips I found there, and started going down the list.
              Keep in mind, these folks are not talking about the eye area. But I figure a mite is a mite.

I take a q-tip and dust my lids, like eye shadow. Actually, I think a eyeshadow brush would work better. The q-tip is hard to control.
              Be careful of applying to much. If it starts to get wet, it turns to a mud like paste, and can clog those glands.
              That is something you don't want. I use it to dry my skin and cool down the burning. If there is a patch of scaly skin, put some there.

I love the cleanser Rosaliac. No rinsing required. Unfortunately it is not available in the USA. I read Ponds cold cream kills mites,
              but I have never tried it.

Comment

Thank so much! I will do a mite search too. I just tried to find Nixoral shampoo - do you mean Nizoral (I do have that) or is it a something different? Last night I did try to find the rosaliac online and was unsuccessful probably because as you mention it's not available in the US so it's good to know about the Pond's - I've used that in the past. TY!

Comment

Yes, sorry can't spell

Comment

Thought I should clarify , I use the powder on my lids, not my lash line. Wait till the skin is dry, and dust the area that is irritated. My whole lid used to burn constantly. It healed all the raw skin.

Comment

Thank you for all the details.

Comment

Originally posted by skygoddess View Post
                        Thought I should clarify , I use the powder on my lids, not my lash line. Wait till the skin is dry, and dust the area that is irritated. My whole lid used to burn constantly. It healed all the raw skin.
                        I'm intrigued.

What made you use think of using this powder in the first place?

Comment

The GO-GO's

Good for you SkyGoddess.

So I have to ask:
                          1. Are you still using Latisse and if so, how is it going?
                          and
                          2. As you are applying your mentholated Baby Gold Bond every morning to your lids, do you sing "My Lids are Healed" to the tune of the Go-Go's "My Lips are Sealed"? Gotta know.

Gretchen

Comment

After 3 years with little improvement in the skin on my lids, I just had to stop and ask myself what the heck was I doing, repeating the same thing, over and over and over..... Just seemed crazy to keep going there.

I noticed a coincidence between some strange white bumps and eye flare ups.
                            I was sure there was a correlation. Then I noticed teeny tiny black specks.
                            I thought, maybe, what if I had a skin condition, that just happened to be near my eyes?
                            When I googled my symptoms, and omitted the eyes, I came up with bird mites.
                            I have pet parakeets and chickens. Plus, I fill multiple bird feeders religiously. Blue bird houses get cleaned twice yearly.
                            It seemed plausible.
                            I listed all the home remedies I found, and started down the list on the ones that seemed safest to try near my eyes.
                            Gold bond seemed to do the trick.

Eyes are still dry, but tolerable. Lids are finally pain free.

Latisse has been a godsend. I had no lashes on my top right lid.
                            Now they are so long they hit my glasses. Not a bad problem to have!

Comment

Working...
                            X