Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain relief (finally!) for my right eye

Hi,

I haven't posted for a while, but I'm a long-time (9 years) member from surgical eyes. I have severe dry eye and with that came extreme right eye nerve pain.

I've realized over the years that my right eye pain is from my eyelid and eyeball being too close together (or too tight of a fit). So, my eyelid rubbing too closely to my dry eyeball causes my eyelid to hit the top of my cornea causing corneal nerve pain. I also have heavy eyelids which contributes too.

I have chronic myofascial pain and have physical therapy every two weeks. I told my physical therapist about this and he moved and lifted my brow bone up and forward to create more space between my eyelid and eyeball. It worked! I still have pain but it is at a much lower level. I have to have it done about every four months because my body goes back to where it was born to be and causes the rubbing again.

No drug, eyedrop, contact lens, etc. has helped, but this simple 10-minute re-positioning does. I can't tell you how much better my life has been since he did this. He has also shown me techniques to reduce inflammation and soreness around the eye. Also, as a side, my therapist is blind.

Also, a shout-out to Dr. ****** who was the first doctor to take so much time with me and helped me figure out that my eyelid and eyeball were too close together. My amniotic tissue transplant also relieved the painful rubbing on the outside of my right eye.

Chris, you've been dealing with this sooo long. I am just thrilled to hear something is helping more now! Wonderful.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

This is a very intriguing post. How on earth does he move the brow bone??

Rose

Comment

Just like a chiropractor or other physical therapist who may move your vertebrae if they are turned, he also does this manually. He sometimes works on my whole head first to make sure I don't have any muscles that are too tight or askew which may affect the outcome. He then, with his fingers, lifts the brow bone by the temple. He moves it up and out to create more space between my eyelid and eyeball. He uses the muscles to help him do this.

He's just not any physical therapist. He is very special, thinks outside the box, knows the body well and how it works and incorporates many different integrative physical therapy techniques: myofascial release, energy, cranial sacral, etc. You need to find the right physical therapist.

This would actually be easier to do on someone else besides me. My body is extremely delicate (can't say that much about my personality I have chronic myofascial pain everywhere, but I'm about 10% of that population who cannot be massaged or physically manipulated too hard. So, there's a fine balance where my physical therapist applies enough pressure to make things happen, but not too much, which could make that area on my body flare for days or weeks. It's been trial and error with my body, but I got relief in my right eye the first time he did it. I can't say that much about the rest of my body.

I have had great relief from this technique. I still have more pain in my right eye than in my left, but it's reduced significantly.

Some physical therapists can also help reduce inflammation from around the eyes and face and teach you techniques that you can do at home which have also been helpful to me.

Comment

Working...
        X