Acupuncture is working for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture is working for me!

I'm reluctant to post this as I'm scared I'll jinx myself!!!! I have ocular rosacea and ocular allergies. I've tried ever drop on the planet and kept thinking I need to treat my body and how it's reacting. These drops are just a topical remedy that only empty my wallet. I found a highly qualified acupuncturist who keeps the pain at bay longer and longer with each session. I'm praying it keeps working and maybe helps others.

How exciting, keep us posted on the progress, but can you describe where they put the needles (around the eye)? Did you tell them where your pain is, etc.? Details please! I keep thinking about trying it out myself!

Thanks and good luck,
    Margaret

Originally posted by hopingforacure View Post
    I'm reluctant to post this as I'm scared I'll jinx myself!!!! I have ocular rosacea and ocular allergies. I've tried ever drop on the planet and kept thinking I need to treat my body and how it's reacting. These drops are just a topical remedy that only empty my wallet. I found a highly qualified acupuncturist who keeps the pain at bay longer and longer with each session. I'm praying it keeps working and maybe helps others.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
      How exciting, keep us posted on the progress, but can you describe where they put the needles (around the eye)? Did you tell them where your pain is, etc.? Details please! I keep thinking about trying it out myself!

Thanks and good luck,
      Margaret
      Some needles are around the eyes, he also focuses just outside the shins. He knows right where to go for my tender spots! I'm fascinated by the whole process, they look at your tongue and check your pulse on both wrists. IMHO, try to find someone who trained in China.

Comment

has anyone seen improvement in DE complaints after acupuncture, more specifically in the case of DE induced by Lasik? A local acupuncturist told me he can try to improve "normal" DE but not DE induced by Lasik...

Comment

I'm going tomorrow!!! I have allergies and dry eye - allergies affect my eyes the worst. Basically my eyes are the big problem. Plus some aches and pains, and hip arthritis from a problem I had as a child. I will post back!

Comment

I KNOW I was helped!

When I had seen doctor after doctor - and it was "try this - do that" I thought why not try acupunture! I thought "what do I have to lose? maybe more money and time?"

I was so pleased and I KNOW my dry eyes greatly improved!!!!! So I felt it was money that was helpful!!!!!!

I posted my experience on the DE Talk. I wrote about my sessions.

TAKE CARE everyone! DJ

Comment

Originally posted by olb View Post
              has anyone seen improvement in DE complaints after acupuncture, more specifically in the case of DE induced by Lasik? A local acupuncturist told me he can try to improve "normal" DE but not DE induced by Lasik...
              We had a post LASIK member in Vancouver... I don't think she posted here about it but I remember her telling me a few times that acupuncture was helping her. I really don't know what it was effective at (stress/anxiety that were increasing pain? or pain itself?) but it any rate it's the one case I remember that stands out in my mind as post lasik plus acupuncture.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X