My Exeperience with Acupuncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Exeperience with Acupuncture

The first session was an one and 1/2 hours. The table was warm and comfortable. On the edge of the table, I sat while my back was aligned with the needles. I will be honest, some of the needles did HURT while being placed! Next, I laid on my side for 20minutes as the needles stayed in my back. The Acupunctist put warm pads on my neck, hip, lower back and legs. It was very relaxing during this part of the session. The back needles were removed after the 20 minutes were up.

Next, I laid on my back and the needles were placed at various points on my face. The middle of my chin, upper lip under the center of my nose and two different areas on each side of my nose. The eyesocket area of both eyes were pinned in many different places forming a circle around the eyes. On both sides of the head, in front of the middles area of the ears were pinned and also at the base of the eyebrows. Also my feet were pinned. During this time, my eyes pooled up many times. The pain of the needles only hurt during placement. I felt a tingling feeling after that.

When the facial and feet needles were removed, I received a body massage.

I was very pleased! The next session was an one hour. As my face and feet were pinned, I found the needles did NOT hurt as much this time. My eyes watered MUCH MORE at the second session. The best part again, the massage!

At home, the Acupuntist asked me to massage the different points on my face, 1 to 2 times per day.

Now here's the GREAT news! I had a recheck with my eye doctor and the dry spots on my eyes have GREATLY improved!!!!!! Of course, he thinks it is his regimen that is working... Well, maybe? somewhat? maybe not? Combination of both?

BUT I believe it is the acupunture and massage sessions! Yes, I paid $125 for the first and $75 for the second but I think it was $200 spent wisely. I am looking forward to the next session. The Acupuntist stated she thought 3 sessions would improve the dry eye and I could return as I felt was needed.

When I chose to undertake this, I thought "What do I have to lose except more time and money?" Afterall, there has been much more than $200 spent on - try this, do that, prescriptions, eye drops...!!!!!!!!!!! Personally, I feel my last $200 has been used for much better service and produced the good results to improve my dry eyes!!!

I am NOT a doctor. This is my experience and what happened to me! Maybe this isn't for everyone BUT I believe all was wonderful for me!!!!! I thought I would write about my experience if anyone else may be thinking about trying acupunture.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE!!!!!!! Hugs from DJ

Update

Hello! I thought I would report about my third session. I was pinned in the same places in my face. I was thought that the areas are less tense because I know the pins didn't hurt as bad as the first time, second was OK and this third time, was even less. I do know that my eyes look better in appearance and I am using the eye drops much less!
    Only 2 to 3 times a day now compared to every 2 hours. Plus I am sleeping better with little pain.

Here's some tips: feel the different areas of your face. If you find tender spots, lightly massage. Areas such as: the eyebrows, the area below the eyes, under the nose, both sides of nose, in front of your ears.

Also I was told to hang my head over the side of the bed for about 5 minutes, 2 to 3 times a day. Be careful getting up - do it slowly. This helps fliud to go to the head and eyes. And if you are a side sleeper, try to teach yourself to sleep on your back. Sleeping on one side, the fluid goes to the one side, causing the other to be up and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by djeanwithdryeyes View Post
      Hello! I thought I would report about my third session. I was pinned in the same places in my face. I was thought that the areas are less tense because I know the pins didn't hurt as bad as the first time, second was OK and this third time, was even less. I do know that my eyes look better in appearance and I am using the eye drops much less!
      Only 2 to 3 times a day now compared to every 2 hours. Plus I am sleeping better with little pain.

Here's some tips: feel the different areas of your face. If you find tender spots, lightly massage. Areas such as: the eyebrows, the area below the eyes, under the nose, both sides of nose, in front of your ears.

Also I was told to hang my head over the side of the bed for about 5 minutes, 2 to 3 times a day. Be careful getting up - do it slowly. This helps fliud to go to the head and eyes. And if you are a side sleeper, try to teach yourself to sleep on your back. Sleeping on one side, the fluid goes to the one side, causing the other to be up and dry.
      this is great.how do u find them? do they need to be trained for dry eye? Do u know how needles help the tears? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by djeanwithdryeyes View Post
        Now here's the GREAT news! I had a recheck with my eye doctor and the dry spots on my eyes have GREATLY improved!!!!!!
        That is great to hear whatever caused it!

Thanks for sharing in so much detail about the acupuncture. There have been more and more dry eye acupuncture studies surfacing lately but we don't often get visitors here who have tried it.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by bp77 View Post
          this is great.how do u find them? do they need to be trained for dry eye? Do u know how needles help the tears? thanks.
          Hello! I was lucky to find a good acupunctist. My husband went to her for some other health issues. She was able to help him. My husband took me to her office and we asked if she can help dry eyes. And yes, she has for me!!!!

The needles are pinned at various pressure points on the face and body.

TAKE CARE!!!! DJ

Comment

going to see an acupuncturist today! what are other things you are doing from the eye doc?

thanks,
            Margaret

Comment

Would love to hear how your acupuncture visits go Margaret! Keep us posted!

Comment

Checking in to see if you've had any continued improvement. I have an appt with an acupuncturist next week and I'm scared and hopeful at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                X