Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my situation!

Hi,

I mean this message to help those who have tried everything like me and have no hope for getting better.
    Despite having dry eye (and living with it), you can still live a good life, life can and will get better, you can get enjoyment from things in life. Things are 100% harder- but i get along by looking on the positive these days. It could be worse. Dry eye is horrible trust me im not belittleing the problem I understand how hard life is with DE, ive had it for 6 years for those who dont know me.

Treatments didnt help. Hot compress made my left eye worse actualy because it was too hot. Wierdly, now my left is dryer (feels) my right inflammation isnt as bad- inner eyelid inflammation has gone down. Both eyes burn less- the left is just really dry! i hate the dryness though- its the worst symptom, worse than burning for me.

I get along because i have congested throat and that also makes my eyes better. Yes i know wierd. Its not psychological- my eyelid inflammation goes down and eyes feel much better.

I put in a pair of cheap earings the other day and my earloabs immidiately went red and started buring. Now im wondering wheather i have a nickle allergy? I have a fixed wire brace behind upper teeth (which ive had since i was 17- contact lense dry eye started around this time, but hadnt been wearing contacts long- so cant say), and this could be cauing burning eye symptoms (systematically)... mmm. not sure

Anyway, getting married next week to my US fiance, wooo. Still have alot of probs, just try to live with it now.Im 6 months from completely uni- it may not get me a great job, but im doing really well and i see it as an achievement. Im scared about getting a job- but maybe that will be ok? because 5 years ag0 i never even thought i would get married! lol

What ever you can find that provides you enjoyment in life is good. Its taken a long time for me too get to this stage, but been here ever since i met him- so he was a massive part in this for me. Im not back to normal, still have anxiety, bipolar depression- not severe. But life is better. You can get there- even if treatments dont help.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
    Hi,

I mean this message to help those who have tried everything like me and have no hope for getting better.
    Despite having dry eye (and living with it), you can still live a good life, life can and will get better, you can get enjoyment from things in life. Things are 100% harder- but i get along by looking on the positive these days. It could be worse. Dry eye is horrible trust me im not belittleing the problem I understand how hard life is with DE, ive had it for 6 years for those who dont know me.

Treatments didnt help. Hot compress made my left eye worse actualy because it was too hot. Wierdly, now my left is dryer (feels) my right inflammation isnt as bad- inner eyelid inflammation has gone down. Both eyes burn less- the left is just really dry! i hate the dryness though- its the worst symptom, worse than burning for me.

I get along because i have congested throat and that also makes my eyes better. Yes i know wierd. Its not psychological- my eyelid inflammation goes down and eyes feel much better.

I put in a pair of cheap earings the other day and my earloabs immidiately went red and started buring. Now im wondering wheather i have a nickle allergy? I have a fixed wire brace behind upper teeth (which ive had since i was 17- contact lense dry eye started around this time, but hadnt been wearing contacts long- so cant say), and this could be cauing burning eye symptoms (systematically)... mmm. not sure

Anyway, getting married next week to my US fiance, wooo. Still have alot of probs, just try to live with it now.Im 6 months from completely uni- it may not get me a great job, but im doing really well and i see it as an achievement. Im scared about getting a job- but maybe that will be ok? because 5 years ag0 i never even thought i would get married! lol

What ever you can find that provides you enjoyment in life is good. Its taken a long time for me too get to this stage, but been here ever since i met him- so he was a massive part in this for me. Im not back to normal, still have anxiety, bipolar depression- not severe. But life is better. You can get there- even if treatments dont help.
    congrats on your marrige.I wish u the best in life. Did IPL helped u ? what did u do that the inflamation went down? What do u think has helped u the most? thanks for any info.

Comment

Yes, congrats

I too was wondering about your eyelid inflammation. I swear I have that issue too. Do you have any insight on what helps? I am trying to learn to take in the moment and the day and not think about the future a lot. Thanks for your thoughts on having a positive life. I appreciate it very much today!
      Margaret

Comment

Honestly the only thing that helps my eyelid inflammation is having another health issue going on. Autoimmune inflammation goes away due to the immune system going off to fight the other issue.

Allergies are autoimmune, roscaea is as well.

I found some interesting stuff on nickle allergy and eyelid dermatitis/conjunctivitis-

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...415.x/abstract

thats what my inner eyelids look look
        http://hubpages.com/hub/HYPERAEMIA-OF-THE-CONJUNCTIVA

I have a brace that im wondering if its causing a systematic eyelid allergy, as i cant wear cheap earrings due to nickle sensitivity.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
          Honestly the only thing that helps my eyelid inflammation is having another health issue going on. Autoimmune inflammation goes away due to the immune system going off to fight the other issue.

Allergies are autoimmune, roscaea is as well.

I found some interesting stuff on nickle allergy and eyelid dermatitis/conjunctivitis-

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...415.x/abstract

thats what my inner eyelids look look
          http://hubpages.com/hub/HYPERAEMIA-OF-THE-CONJUNCTIVA

I have a brace that im wondering if its causing a systematic eyelid allergy, as i cant wear cheap earrings due to nickle sensitivity.
          I have nickel allergey. I am confused, u think that is the reason for the dry eye? thanks for ur reply.

Comment

Good to hear from you again

Hi Sazy
            I often wondered about you -- You were one of the people who posted a lot around the time i was posting --
            Really pleased you are getting married -- to a boy from USA ?-- that should open up treatment over there for you (of course you are not marrying him for that reason LOL)
            You sound like you are coping pretty well
            I went through a period of months when my eyes were completely normal ,but Wham ! i had a really bad flare up recently and am back to all the old treatments
            HOWEVER - nobody can take away the fact that i was soo good and if it happened once it can happen again
            That sort of reasoning gets me by
            Also i do respond pretty well to doxycyclline

Anyway i wish you all the very best for the future
            Love
            Stella

Comment

Hi Sazi

Like Stella said, best wishes for your future.

Hi Stella

It's so strange that things can be ok and then wham - back to being horrid. I've had a dreadful few days after reacting badly to Ciclosporine (Moorfields version). Back to square one so cannot think what to do next. I have severe inflammation like Sazi and nothing seems to improve it.

Comment

hello ladies

I was searching the same time as you Sazy, so glad to hear you have met someone and due to be married...I have just found out I am expecting identical twins with my partner.

All is very good with my eye. Still bothers me at times, but what is bother compared to what it was like years ago?

Comment

Working...
                X