compresses and regular expression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compresses and regular expression

I am very happy to report that for me, salvation has come in the form of a very kind and knowledgeable local optometrist (trained in France - he's a doctor as well) who expresses my meibomian glands regularly for me - roughly once a fortnight.

I do warm compresses once or twice a day for 10 mins, then clean the eyelid margins, and then go to the wonderful doc where I sit and warm up my eyelids with little handwarmer pads like you use for ski-ing on my eyes, then he squeezes, sometimes the oil comes out nicely, sometimes it's very hard, but I'm quite convinced that he has helped keep the glands open and functioning because I no longer get the awful dryness I used to experience, nor the cysts.

I also wear protective foam lined fit-over motorbike goggles when I go outside, but no longer indoors unless the aircon is vicious.

I think you'd probably call it prevention.

Please God he never decides to go back to France!!!

there aren't many like him around - but if you can find one I'm sure it can be very helpful.

By the way, I use no eyedrops other than saline minims - allergic to everything.

Oh, and I eliminated as many chemicals and scented cleaning agents from my home, and use unscented washing powder, shampoo and conditioner. And am very careful not to get mold in my washing machine.

It's all quite time consuming, but at least life is worth living again.

Thanks for posting!

Congrats and keep it up. Good to hear when people make progress.

Comment

This is nice you are on progress. I like that you are taking all kind of prevention. It helps to cure early.
      The most important thing how to choose goggles which is not leak and comfortable for long time.

Comment

MOLD (Mould)

I am really glad for your successful treatment.
        Can I ask why you mention the mould in the washing machine. I have that in the rubber door seal ...!

Comment

Working...
        X