I am able to read boks again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am able to read boks again!

If this is not appropriate, please delete this post.

I struggle to see most of the time between my lack of tears preventing focussing and eye drops making everything blurry. Extreme photophobia added to that means I can't have lights bright enough to see by either.

For my birthday in April I was given a Kindle book reader. What a difference it has made. The screen is not backlit so I find it restful, but best of all I can make the text bigger with the press of a button. My family laugh when I only have a couple of words to a page but I am enjoying it very much.

I was always an avid reader and not managing that made my eye problems more depressing.

R

Rowanberry, agree, reading can be a real struggle, especially in artificial light I used to find.

Great you found a solution that worked for you!

Best
    Jamie

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanberry View Post
      If this is not appropriate, please delete this post.

I struggle to see most of the time between my lack of tears preventing focussing and eye drops making everything blurry. Extreme photophobia added to that means I can't have lights bright enough to see by either.

For my birthday in April I was given a Kindle book reader. What a difference it has made. The screen is not backlit so I find it restful, but best of all I can make the text bigger with the press of a button. My family laugh when I only have a couple of words to a page but I am enjoying it very much.

I was always an avid reader and not managing that made my eye problems more depressing.

R
      Rowanberry I have one too--a Kobo-- and I love it!

Comment

Hi there,

I just purchased a Kobo too! Haven't used it much. I'm hoping it will be easier on the eyes than trying to read from the computer. I used to read all the time. I'll have to figure out how to download library books. I understand that with a Kobo you can take out library books. . . for free!

Comment

Originally posted by bella_girl View Post
          Hi there,

I just purchased a Kobo too! Haven't used it much. I'm hoping it will be easier on the eyes than trying to read from the computer. I used to read all the time. I'll have to figure out how to download library books. I understand that with a Kobo you can take out library books. . . for free!
          Yes you can bella_girl! Isee that you are from Ottawa. Are you a hockey fan because I certainly am! ?
          Last edited by CanadianGal; 06-Sep-2011, 19:12. Reason: adding more information

Comment

Sorry. . . not a hockey fan . . . but I cheer for the Senators anyway. . . when they're winning : )

Hope you are enjoying your Kobo!

Comment

Working...
            X