Cyclosporine treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporine treatment

Three and a half months ago I started a treatment with cyclosporine (0.1%) and so far have not had any results whatsoever;what's more, my eyes have gotten progressively worse to the point that I can no longer drive or keep my eyes open any longer that one minute before they close involuntarily which makes my quality of life very poor indeed . Does enyone have any experience with cyclosporine? I was told that the treatment can take between three and six months to show any results; is it possible to know before the full six months whether it is actually going to work? Any feedback on this will be greatly welcome!!!! Beatriz

What I'm hearing about restasis is that it works best for those with autoimmune disorders. Not sure if you fall into that category.

Comment

Beatriz,

I tried Restasis without results as well but I have MGD, which they are not sure can be helped by Restasis.

Do you know what kind of dry eye you have - aqueous deficient, where you don't make enough tears, or lipid deficient, where you don't have enough oil in your tears (ie, your glands are clogged)? Figuring out what type of dry eye you have is a good place to start.

Rose

Comment

Sorry to be negative; I had a severe reaction to Cyclosporine. I had to give up after a couple of days.

Have you mentioned your concerns to the consultant?

Comment

Working...
        X