Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great results with N-Acetyl Cysteine..

Started trying this about 5 days ago and have noticed a significant change in overall eye lubrication and general health.

Eyes feel more wet and much whiter and i havent had any burning or heaviness since taking them and im really happy with such quick results, also i noticed i have more energy and brighter skin

I only take 150 mg a day with 500mg vitamin C, so can you imagine the results when i up the dose to 150mg twice a day. I really hope these results last

Apparently you can get 250mg of cystiene in one whole raw organic egg!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/28...teine-in-eggs/

I encourage anyone to try this marvellous anti oxidant
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Hi,

Sounds promising!
    Can this be bought in just any health store?
    Is it a supplement you can mix with yoghurt,milk or any food you can mix it with?

Thanks,patrick...

Comment

Patrick ~ I'd see what happens to Hyperhead first... check out the side-effects... Wiki, US FDA etc.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

It can be purchased in most health stores..I bought mine here :

http://www.hellenia.co.uk/products/N...g-Tablets.html

They smell like garlic probably due to sulphur content .. But immediate benefits are wetter eyes Side effects I noticed so far is mild flushing,spot breakouts and mild red patches on face but I read this was due to detoxification

I'm not going to take them today just to see how I feel without them? I definetly think there worth trying but make sure you read up on side effects and medication conflicts.
        "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

Hyperhead what happened with the itching you reported the other day?
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Hi rebecca ..well done for reminding me

Yes the itching eventually subsided after a few days ..according to some apparently itching is a sign of progress but in most cases its an allergic histamine reaction ?

http://www.roadback.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3193

Comment

Oh yeh i havent tried the NAC today and my eyes are definetly worse..they feel heated and redder and swollen compared to the yesterdays NAC benefits of shiny white wet eyes,also swelling was noticably reduced and redness was

Comment

Hyper.. i can only find the nac in 600mg..i clicked on the link you gvae too and it just showed 600? you are only taking 150 though? can you buy it as 150mg?
                Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERHEAD View Post
                  Oh yeh i havent tried the NAC today and my eyes are definetly worse..they feel heated and redder and swollen compared to the yesterdays NAC benefits of shiny white wet eyes,also swelling was noticably reduced and redness was
                  Hate to be a Doubting Thomas, but if something worked that well and that quickly, we'd know about it already and doctors would be advising everyone to use it.

FYI NAC is a mucolytic... in other words, it destroys/dissolves/breaks down mucus. What I discovered in January, when I got a cold, is that I *want* mucus. I would like to have a raging cold 24/7 in my eyes. Heaven!

Comment

NAC thins the mucin layer in the eye rather than destroying it ..As regards the mucin layer alterations, it has been reported (Miglior M. et al., loc. cit.) that they may appear with either a mucus deficit or an excess. When mucin is absent or insufficient, the cornea becomes unwettable and, due to the imbalance between the electrolytes and glycoproteins present, the tear film becomes unstable and can break up, thus producing dry areas. In the second case, an excess of mucin coagulates into threads that still hinder ocular surface wettability and leads to the formation of dry areas and to damage to the corneal epithelium. In this situation, too, it is possible to intervene at a topical ocular level by using suitably formulated “artificial tears” additioned with appropriate integrators of the mucin component and mucomimetic agents (namely, various cellulose derivatives, polyvinyl derivatives such as polyvinyl-pyrrolidone and polyvinyl alcohol, various polysaccharides and their derivatives, such as dextrane, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin sulfate, etc.) or, in case of an excess of the mucin component, using mucolitic agents such as N-acetyl-cysteine.

N-acetyl-cysteine would also protect against a cold due to its high anti oxidant activity immunity boosting power.

http://www.liversupport.com/wordpres...-flu-symptoms/

NAC is thought to increase FBUT and improve mucous fern pattern by blocking lipid peroxidation in chronic blepharitis...Whatever it's doing

Jenny I just cut the tablet into 4 pieces 4 x 150mg and take 500mg of vitamin c with each dose..so 1 x 150mg nac and 500mg vitamin C morning and night as you need vitamin C to help breakdown the cysteine.

Comment

Thanks Hyperhead! There have been mixed reviews here about the effectiveness of NAC in treating dry eye. It could be that its effectiveness depends on wether you have dry eye that results in excess mucus production or insufficient mucus production.

I have noticed that I get thin threads of of mucus accumulating in the inside corners of my eye. The threads appear to be clear or light white in colour. I think that they are contributing to the frothiness of my tear film. One optometrist that I saw who sees a lot of post lasik dry eye said that it looks like I may be producing too much mucus.

I have a bottle of NAC sitting on the counter, so I am going to go ahead and give it a try. . . I first heard of NAC used in treating irritated bowel conditions. I'll see how it works for the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
                        Patrick ~ I'd see what happens to Hyperhead first... check out the side-effects... Wiki, US FDA etc.
                        Okay,okay, thanks for the warning!
                        I'll first do some reading and see about the possible side effects.
                        Then i can decide if i still want to try this or maybe not.

Patrick...

Comment

NAC is generally very well tolerated with minimal side effects

Check this thread:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...cetyl+Cysteine

Comment

hyperhead this still working for you?

Comment

Hey Hopeful, did the NAC work for you?

Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X