Magnifying mirror made all the difference in daily routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnifying mirror made all the difference in daily routine

After nearly 2 years of "the routine" (warm washcloth soak, diluted baby shampoo, q-tip cleaning, eye massage, and more soaking) I finally found out that I wasn't doing a good cleaning. I purchasing a magnifying mirror - did my "routine" looked in the mag. mirror and to my horror - I saw all those white specs between my eye lashes.

Yep I am 54 and for a few years I can not see anything up close - and you know you can't wear your reading glasses and try to clean your eye lashes. Before I used the magnifying mirror to check for those white spots - I thought I was doing such a good job of cleaning - but - no matter what - every 3-4 weeks I would get the dreaded pink eye - which meant I put antibiotic ointment in my eye - 3X a day - which looks so attractive pink and now it looks all oily cuz even using just a small spec of the ointment which travels out on the skin - haven't we all had those days and weeks when you just wanted to hide from the world. Now I know I have to do "the routine in the morning and at night, if I miss one - my glands get more blocked. I don't think I can ever get them totally cleaned without causing damage. but at least it is better.

As I have stated in earlier post - it is amazing what eye doctors don't tell you. None of them ever said "you still have blockages - your cleaning routine is not working - that is why you get so many infections" It's so frustrating - without the internet I would be in-the-dark.
    Last edited by Eileen510; 26-May-2012, 12:30. Reason: cleaning up my typos - sorry
    Eileen

Yep, I agree with this. My magnifying mirror has been very helpful. I have a squint in my right eye from when I was very young so can only read the biggest writing. I couldn't see what I was doing with upper lid cleaning for my left eye (as my left eye would be closed), until I got my magnifying mirror. I think this is now why the sensations in my left eye are worse than my right eye (the problem started in my right eye with conjunctivitis). I did a post a while ago about things that help me and magnifying mirror was definitely one of them!

Comment

Working...
    X