What ive heard and read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ive heard and read

Ive read dry eye is chronic but chronic in terms of medicinal means long term and not permanent. From what ive read here the hardest months of dry eyes are the first 18, i mean thats 1 year and a half and thats a lot of life. Im about at what, 11 months and i feel like my life has no hope.

So this isnt a success story im just sharing some encouraging stuff and what i can understand. Listen, i think dry eye is curable but the society of today doesnt help with all the tv, gadgets, computers and etc, our eyes need some rest. Ive heard stories about a guy have his glands damages and being healed after 2 years. I think for those of you that are really tired, i promise you that at about 20-24 months post dry eyes, you may have chances to cure completely but of course you have to take the steps. I go without hte computer for 2 weeks then go on it after, thats not the way to go, try to reduce below 2 hours of computer,tv combined. Im a dry eye sufferer in its 20's which is more of a rare case, its not uncommon but I mean at 22 years, you arent supposed to have dry eyes which means its REVERSIBLE. I know a 8 y.o kid with dry eye, i doubt that kid has it permanently. My case is computer usage but do you know how hard is to abstinate from the computer eve 2 hours a day nowadays? facebook, youtube seem to be part of our livesb ut i dont have that luxury again, ive to abtinante and today i did it close to 2 hours, i hope it doesnt screw up my recovery.

The problem is that this requires a lot of patience and as you can see, life nowadays runs like a TRAIN. Patience of healing isn't even a priority anymore , it's MONEY. Patience guys.

Hi!dryeye4ever!
    I wish that day to come that I can also write my story here! My severe dry eye is due to medical usage and I'm just in my 20s. I had read a triumph story here that a girl got severe dry eye due to medical usage, and completely recovered about one and half year. It encourages me a lot !So it is reversible ! Wish one day I can see your triumph story, too.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by icycarol View Post
      Hi!dryeye4ever!
      I wish that day to come that I can also write my story here! My severe dry eye is due to medical usage and I'm just in my 20s. I had read a triumph story here that a girl got severe dry eye due to medical usage, and completely recovered about one and half year. It encourages me a lot !So it is reversible ! Wish one day I can see your triumph story, too.

Carol
      me too carol. Im pretty sure your condition is curable. Problem is that if we dont do what is supposed to be we can have it all our damn lives. Ive went ot the ophta and he did tell me my case isnt severe dry eye and can be cured one day and its not permanent. Ive heard it from the mouth of a good ophta, thing is quitting internet is like quitting smoking. You always find the way to cheat.

Feels like next months will be hard for me.

Comment

Have you tried the moisture chamber goggles yet?
        Last edited by robster; 21-Aug-2012, 09:18.

Comment

I am so proud of you dryeye4ever. A few months ago you were in a place of real hopelessness and now look at you, you are trying so hard to make the changes you need to make and here you are encouraging others even though your journey is not yet over. You go guy, I know you'll get there with that attitude, I'm cheering for you!!....hugs....F/G

Comment

Working...
          X