Amazing progress with NAC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing progress with NAC!

Omg my eyes have been so much better in last few weeks rarely being dry and eyes looking very white hoorayyyyy!

The magic started a couple of weeks ago after three months of using NAC ..at first I thought I was effective but didn't rid of burning and grittiness completely ..now all of a sudden the eyes are very white and wet lots of my eyelashes are growing back and thicker.Also amazingly in the last 2 weeks I have been getting oily blurry eyes after the shower for the first time in years wahooooooooo!

I still get a few blocked gland orifices but eyes are so much better ...thanks nac you're a godsend!
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

how much do u take and with or wtihout food? i have been on 600mg -i take it daily with fish oil and breakfast.... its been close to 3 months.. i will keep on it...does it help keep your glands clear? im glad for u!
    Jenny

Comment

What is NAC?

Comment

Thanks Jenny..I take 150mg twice a day with 500 mg vitamin C and a probiotic multi vitamin..it shows how persistence some times pays off. I have realised it takes time for NAC to start to become more effective and help the lipid function.

Kanon read this:

N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a specially modified form of the dietary amino acid cysteine. When taken orally, NAC is thought to help the body make the important antioxidant enzyme glutathione. It is also thought to help loosen secretions, and for this reason, it has been tried as a treatment for loosening the thick crusty secretions that block the oil-secreting glands in posterior blepharitis.
        As noted above, in posterior blepharitis, the tear film becomes abnormal. A controlled but not blinded study evaluated the potential benefits of NAC in 50 people with chronic posterior blepharitis. 1 All participants received standard eye care for blepharitis. In addition, about half the participants received NAC at a dose of 100 mg 3 times daily for 8 weeks. Researchers used various methods to objectively evaluate the quality of the tear film, and found that use of NAC brought about significant improvements.
        Further research, including double-blind, placebo-controlled trials , will be necessary to determine whether these apparent benefits translate into meaningful improvement for people with chronic blepharitis.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...NAC-supplement
        "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

Comment

i cant find 150mg where i live-500mg the lowest so i go ahead and taek 600mg 1 x a day.. i also take it wiht a multivitamin that has vitamin c in it.. i eat breakfast shortly after.. i would assume that would be ok??

Hyper-do you eat food whenyou take your NAC?
          Jenny

Comment

Thanks for discussion on NAC. I wasn't familiar with it. Google turned up this article on the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center website. It includes mention of use with Sjogrens and bleph. Here's the link:

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/Holi...?ChunkID=21807

Blinks

Comment

Just a question, Hyperhead

[QUOTE=HYPERHEAD;75360]Thanks Jenny..I take 150mg twice a day with 500 mg vitamin C and a probiotic multi vitamin..it shows how persistence some times pays off. I have realised it takes time for NAC to start to become more effective and help the lipid function.

Re above Hyperhead: would you mind sharing brands? Whether you take these things all at once or spread them out...with food etc? Thanks So happy for you that you have found relief! Thanks for sharing your positive experience, it gives us hope when we hear such stories

Comment

i cant find 150 mg anywhere.. but i would think 600mg (taking more) couldnt hurt. i am still waiting for my results.
                Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Shell View Post
                  Re above Hyperhead: would you mind sharing brands? Whether you take these things all at once or spread them out...with food etc? Thanks So happy for you that you have found relief! Thanks for sharing your positive experience, it gives us hope when we hear such stories
                  Exactly!

I take Cystine B6 Bailleul which is L-cystine. I wander is it the same thing? Looks like "N-Acetyl" is missing, so maybe I shoud change brand?

Comment

Hi Hyperhead
                    Would you mind sharing what brand you take? I am in the UK and dont want to waste any more money on the "wrong" brand, if you get my meaning. This is something that I may try, I am in hell of a place at the mo so would appreciate any advice on supplements.
                    Thanks
                    Lulu x

Comment

Hello I was just trying to get one of these NAC, but unfortunately found only this on in my country (Austria). Acetylcystein (brand: Hexal) 200 mg Acetylcystein...but I´m wondering if there is a difference between n acetylcysteine and acetylcysteine ?? Does somebody know ?

Bo

Comment

Hi Everyone..

Take 150mg of NAC Twice a day ..basically my tablets are 600mg per tablet so i cut them into four pieces and spread them over 2 days.

I buy my tablets from hellenia they are well priced and very effective:

http://www.hellenia.co.uk/products/N...g-Tablets.html

Comment

Lulu it needs to be N acetly cystiene which converts to Glutathione that does the magic You will find your eyes become much wetter feeling even after 1 dose

Comment

Hi Hyperhead

I got myself some NAC but sadly I don't feel any different. The brand is Viridian and were rather expensive at £18 but thought they were worth trying. Contents: 60 tablets of 800mg NAC. Unsure whether to continue but the brand you use seems reasonably priced so may approach that company. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                            X