Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellish Institute - IPL treatment WORKS!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellish Institute - IPL treatment WORKS!!!

I am a 40 year old Professional Dog Handler exposed to dog hair and dander, weather, sunlight, dust, etc. and have lived a lifetime of dealing with chronic dry/red eyes. I have recently finished my 4th IPL treatment at the Wellish Institute in Las Vegas with Dr. Kent Wellish. My eyes are dramatically improved, even with the environmental issues I've listed. I highly recommend this procedure. I don't want to explain it wrong, so if you are interested, go to http://www.wellishvision.com/las-veg...-las-vegas.htm. I hope it helps you too!

What is your diagnosis? I have had one IPL treatment there and have seen no results. With the high cost I will probably only try one more treatment to see if it helps.Maybe they were having a bad day when i went there but it took over 5 hours from start to finish.

Comment

5 hours? What was going on all that time?-Katewest, I don't want to alarm you, but there's no reason it should take anywhere near that amount of time.

Comment

Someone creates an account on the forum and makes one post about how great IPL and Wellish is...then someone else says the place was crap.

Hmmm...who am I going to believe?

Comment

To clarify the office staff was very nice and they did say they had a few emergencies but still !! Way too long to wait
          . I am still hoping my next appt is a success. I have tried everything else and it sounds like some actual users have had real success.

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
            To clarify the office staff was very nice and they did say they had a few emergencies but still !! Way too long to wait
            . I am still hoping my next appt is a success. I have tried everything else and it sounds like some actual users have had real success.
            I have had one IPL in Charlotte, NC and I was in and out in an hour and a half with a very thorough eye exam before and after the procedure. The procedure itself only took about 5 minutes, but the exam and the expressing of the lids afterwards did take some time. I am now at three weeks from my first IPL treatment and I am going back next week for my second. So far, I think it has been really good for me. I have MGD and my tear quantity and quality is also bad. I really was not expecting to notice any difference after the IPL since I have tried so much, including Lipiflow. The Lipiflow did help somewhat, but the doctor who performed the IPL said I still had toothpaste like secretions and that was more than a month after Lipiflow. Three days after the IPL, I returned to work (after the weekend) and although work is the worst for me with the dry air, I did not use drops even once during a ten hour day. Previously, I would use drops about every 30 minutes most days or my eyes were so uncomfortable and red, I could not function. At about the two week after IPL mark, I starting having to use drops again, but even now, I am only using drops maybe 4 times a day (a fraction of previous) and definately an improvement over where I was after Lipiflow. At this point, I am pleased enough that I will continue the four treatments recommended and I just hope it continues to help.

Comment

That's awesome ipl is already working for you. Do you have ocular rosacea?

Comment

That's awesome ipl is already working for you. Do you have ocular rosacea?
                Yes, I do have Ocular Rosacea and my eyelids, upper and lower have been very red for years. My entire upper lid has been red for many years - not just the lid margins. The redness was much better right after the IPL and it has slowly come back as I am now three weeks from the first IPL, but I don't think I am nearly as red as I was prior to the IPL and again I am going again next week for the second treatment.

Comment

Im in the waiting room for my second ipl in las vegas. He said there is better oil coming out but i have not felt a difference yet. He said he was going to do a higher setting today. Ill try to get my records so i can five more details. Fingers crossed

Comment

Ipl

Im in the waiting room for my second ipl in las vegas. He said there is better oil coming out but i have not felt a difference yet. He said he was going to do a higher setting today. Ill try to get my records so i can five more details. Fingers crossed
                    Good luck, katewest. I am going on the 12th for my second ipl. Feel free to instant message me if you want to compare.

Comment

I will, I think we should compare. I really dont like the drops they give me after. One I use for 3 days, the other, thicker one, I use 3x a day for a month. This is in addition to the Restasis I started two weeks ago. By the way, not liking Restasis so far. My dr said give it a month though.

Comment

Are you doing better after the second ipl treatment? I am about an hour from Charlotte. What doctor are you seeing?

Comment

Hi,
                          I live near Charlotte, NC and am planning on looking into the IPL. Can you tell me where you went and the cost? Did insurance cover any of it?
                          Thanks
                          Jeanne
                          Ocular rosacea, MGD, RK 94

Comment

It's 300 per session not including your copay. Usually you have 4. I went to las vegas

Comment

Hi all,

I believe my biggest problem to be with my mg's. Two separate doctors have said I have mg dropout and nonobvious MGD. I would like to try some new therapies like ipl or lipiflow. Warm compresses work for about 5 minutes. if I could I would live in my warm, steamy, humid shower, but I can not. Any adive or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                              Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X