Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can the lacrimal glands(openings) get blocked?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does aqueous deficiency go hand in hand with MGD?

Comment

Oh to answer a couple of questions, to clear up what I said, Blinking Hard will also help your eyes water, along with that expression technique i described. Now as far as aqueous deficient dry eye going hand in hand with MGD I believe its inflammation that is the culprit, take care of that and the tears should come back. Thats my best suggestion.

Comment

Hello a little update
        I was at the eye doctor again. He said that lacrimal glands can not clog. I got a prescription for Restasis, began the previous day. Marked no stinging or burning the first time I applied it. In the evening when I applied it I noticed a little burn on one eye. And redness. I've read a lot about Restasis here and I do not have much positive thoughts about it. In addition, I have the plugs (lower) and it is said that it does NOT help patients with plugs.

He took new tests to check the quality of the tear was now one eye at 2 and other 3 as the other tests he took must have been wrong, since I feel better than I did before. The burn and sting is gone and my eyes felt a little mousire. Before even after I had plugs that were one eye is often dry I could feel the lid and it got stuck to my eyeball. I have taken omega 3 for about a month and started borrage oil for about 1.5 weeks. After one week on borrage my one eye did feel a little better. Could this have done that my eye felt a little better Particularly it was extremely dry. How could I get results at 14 and 6 last time and now 2 and 3? Very strange. And one more thing before borage oil when i cryed no tears where coming out from my one eye now it does.

Why can not you use lenses with Restasis? the package is that they can be inserted after 15 min?

Do not know what to do.

Comment

My opinion I do believe that the glands can clog due to salt deposits, I mean I have blinked a few times when my tears evaporate too much and salt crystals form in the sides. Its a theory of mine, now professionals say another thing, but I have noticed that when I pressed on my eyelid near the anatomy of my lacrimal gland tears did come out. That's just observation in real life, Who knows if maybe I hit a nerve and it stimulated the gland, I know the lacrimal glands function is dictated by nerve impulses. There has been studies about implanting an electrode in the glands of patients to help their eyes water, some really strange stuff really, but never the less my best guess as to the lack of tear production 9 times out of 10 is always caused by inflammation. My Best suggestion, get to the bottom of what is causing that inflammation. If you consult your Doc and they have no answers for you, and will not run any diagnostic tests for you. My best suggestion, might be time to figure things out yourself. Start reading, up on your disease, best place to start is a medical university, start reading those dermatology books. After all Dry Eye is A skin disease. I wouldn't know the things I know without reading those books, aside from clinical studies they have done at university. I mean they have found many things that have caused the inflammation in peoples eyes, now whether or not they have drugs to treat those things is another story. The Pharmaceutical industry can only do so much in this day and age, and there are many natural alternatives. My best suggestion, if you cannot find any answers there, might be time to see someone who can give you real answers. Not all Docs are created Equal, and not all physicians stick with standard medicine. And Lastly Beware of the pseudo science docs, theres a lot of garbage out there but if you stick with the scientific method and think for yourself, you may find the answers.

Question Everything

I believe it is our environment that causes our diseases.

Start Writing down what you do in your daily life,
          How is the quality of water you drink
          How is the quality of Air you breathe
          How Clean is your room, Your bed
          What are the Ingredients in the food that you are eating? Are they natural? Are they poision?
          What is in the water you drinking? Is it natural, is it poision?

I have learned to question all of these things in this day and age

You might be really surprised when you read the "Fine Print"
          you might learn why we are all ill.

Best of luck to you my friend, may you be blessed with tears.

Comment

Working...
          X