Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

update suspected corneal neuralgia + dry eye + how are you doing with your serum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update suspected corneal neuralgia + dry eye + how are you doing with your serum?

Hi guys! I had Lasik in 2004-2005. Last two years I started to notice my dry eye getting worse, and I also became photophobic. In July I was struck by severe eye pain and burning, dry eyes. Since august I've been on serum tears 20 percent, and for a while now I have also gotten anti-inflammatory treatment, and I've also been on pain meds (Lyrica and Tegretol)

I posted here a while ago and wanted to give you an update - since a few weeks I'm of the pain meds. I still feel some discomfort and sometimes pain, but it's not worth taking the medication for. I don't notice very much problems with dry eye during daytime anymore (a few months ago every moment was a struggle). Last night I actually felt my eyes tearing as I was lying in my bed. This was a great experience. Maybe there is some neuronal regrowth happening.

I'm curious about what experience you guys who use serum have? It's very quiet on the forum. Are you noticing anything that could mean neuronal regrowth?

I also got an interesting thought the other day when I read this study: "Neuroprotectin D1 Synthesis and Corneal Nerve Regeneration after Experimental Surgery and Treatment with PEDF plus DHA" - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2868452/

It's just a small animal study, and maybe nothing to draw conclusions from, but I was wondering - imagine that you have a high DHA intake (be careful so you don't get to much vitamin E - many fish oils contain vitamin E as an antioxidant and if you take to much fish oil, you end up with to much vitamin E) - then the DHA would go into the serum drops. Serum already contains PEDF... Do you get my point?

Hi Lealy, so glad you are better. Thanks for the update.

I still don't have my serum, so can't share my experience, but it's so great to hear that people get better with it.

I wander what happens if one gives up the serum... will the quantity of nerves decrese again? Or is it a cure for well?

How often did you take it? Where you very diligent with sticking to hour, not keeping outside the fidge etc?

Comment

Hi. I still take the serum. I hope the nerves don't decrease after stopping (though the nerve density does decrease a bit with age as far as I've understood). I take at least 8 drops per day. I keep it in the freezer and take one milliliter out to use every day, which I put in the fridge. Dr Hamrah, who I've been in contact with says that the interval is not very important, as long as you take 8 drops per day or more. But I guess it's a good idea to wait a little bit between drops.

Comment

Working...
      X