Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much Better now due to Less is more Approach and better tactics...hoorayy!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much Better now due to Less is more Approach and better tactics...hoorayy!

Hi everyone

Things have really improved for me lately and it feels like i dont even have this condition most days...some days i do get very slight grittiness and minor stinging but thats it..

I suppose you want to know my secret

1: Adapt the "Less is more approach" as this is crucial in my opinion, I express and thoroughly clean the lids every 4-5 days ! If i mess with the eyes more than this the inflammation cycle kicks in and hell breaks lose

2:Avoid harsh chemicals like sulphates and parabens as these irritants relly rev up bleph in my experience...since eliminating all of these my eyes are much better, all i use to clean the Lashes and lids is Aveeno colloidal soap bar and a flannel

3:Supplements are a MUST!! Vitamin C, Zinc, Multi Vit, Probiotics 8 million cultures, and now the special one N acetly Cystiene!! I cant stress how amazing this has been for me ( I know ..I know how i babble on about this supplement! But it really works ..i actually feel it working after 30 mins of ingestion ..eyes feel wetter and less inflammed.

4:Reduce frequency of Eye drops as i found being to enthusiastic with drops made my eyes much angrier and drier..i only use them when i really need them!
    "Only the body can heal itself, and all healing must come from within your body."

How much NAC do you take and in what form?

Comment

Hi,
      So good to hear about improvements! Is there a difference between acetylcystein and N- acetylcestein? What does N stand for?

Comment

Acetylcystein and N- acetylcysteine are the same.

From wiki: "Acetylcysteine is a derivative of cysteine; an acetyl group is attached to the nitrogen atom." (I'm guessing the "N" is for the nitrogen atom.)

Comment

Hi Hyperhead,

I'm so happy for you! Congrats! I picked up some NAC to try (and Gluthianone as well). I'm going to try it. Are you a post-LASIK person with dry eye? If so, how far along did it take to get to this point? I'm 10 months along, and still struggling (also cannot see as clearly with the dry eye). Words of encouragement are much appreciated.

Thanks,
          Chandra

Originally posted by HYPERHEAD View Post
          Hi everyone

Things have really improved for me lately and it feels like i dont even have this condition most days...some days i do get very slight grittiness and minor stinging but thats it..

I suppose you want to know my secret

1: Adapt the "Less is more approach" as this is crucial in my opinion, I express and thoroughly clean the lids every 4-5 days ! If i mess with the eyes more than this the inflammation cycle kicks in and hell breaks lose

2:Avoid harsh chemicals like sulphates and parabens as these irritants relly rev up bleph in my experience...since eliminating all of these my eyes are much better, all i use to clean the Lashes and lids is Aveeno colloidal soap bar and a flannel

3:Supplements are a MUST!! Vitamin C, Zinc, Multi Vit, Probiotics 8 million cultures, and now the special one N acetly Cystiene!! I cant stress how amazing this has been for me ( I know ..I know how i babble on about this supplement! But it really works ..i actually feel it working after 30 mins of ingestion ..eyes feel wetter and less inflammed.

4:Reduce frequency of Eye drops as i found being to enthusiastic with drops made my eyes much angrier and drier..i only use them when i really need them!

Comment

Hi,
            It is so nice and hopeful that people are getting ok.

Comment

I find that my eyedrops can make my eyes feel crusty and now only use the heat packs once a day at night. Place it over my eyes as I fall asleep and am finding I don't need eyedrops first thing.

Comment

N-acetylcysteine had no effect for me. I took 600mg-1200mg daily for 14 days.

Comment

I'm getting ready to start what you are doing with the less is more. So is baby shampoo a bad chemical? And for the every 4-5 days thing, how do you "thoroughly clean" Do you just do 1 compress that day and then massage eye lids and lid scrub? Is it better to avoid eye drops entirely? I notice that my symptoms are way worse as I grew more concern and did more compresses and lid scrubs.

EDIT: It is the next day now and I can't bear not doing eye compresses or anything. My eyes feel terrible right now as i woke up. How did you start the less is more cycle initially? Did you just gradually do less compresses until you did none at all. Then do them every few days?
                  Last edited by romeodakins; 04-Jun-2013, 12:16.

Comment

Working...
                  X