X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

Hi guys,

just wanted to post an update. I have been suffering from suspected corneal neuralgia for a few months. Was on pain pills for a while, and also on serum tears and anti-inflammatory drops. Now, I would define the "pain pain" that I had mostly in my left eye as almost completely gone. I'm of the pain medication and I use the anti-inflammatory drops only occasionally (just because I have some left, and there is a slight, slight sensation of pain once in a while - when I've used them up I won't get new ones).

Dry eye continued to feel almost unbearable for several months, but around Christmas something happened - I went to bed in total dispair from the dry eye pain and woke up with tears in my eyes!! Maybe the serum is starting to kick in. Now I'm mostly asymptomatic during day time. I use Tranquileyes at night, and still notice my eyes being slightly dry in nights and mornings but it's so much better. Hang in there!

Originally posted by lelagy View Post
    Hi guys,

just wanted to post an update. I have been suffering from suspected corneal neuralgia for a few months. Was on pain pills for a while, and also on serum tears and anti-inflammatory drops. Now, I would define the "pain pain" that I had mostly in my left eye as almost completely gone. I'm of the pain medication and I use the anti-inflammatory drops only occasionally (just because I have some left, and there is a slight, slight sensation of pain once in a while - when I've used them up I won't get new ones).

Dry eye continued to feel almost unbearable for several months, but around Christmas something happened - I went to bed in total dispair from the dry eye pain and woke up with tears in my eyes!! Maybe the serum is starting to kick in. Now I'm mostly asymptomatic during day time. I use Tranquileyes at night, and still notice my eyes being slightly dry in nights and mornings but it's so much better. Hang in there!
    Wow lelagy, that is so great to hear! Love to hear when someone gets better.
    Do you know what was the cause for the neuralgia? Do you know what you had in schirmer and tbut? Do you need to use lubricants still?
    I just ordered tranquil eyes and is waiiting for them to arrive, hope they will help with night dryness.

Comment

Hi guys,
      Was on pain pills for a while, and also on serum tears and anti-inflammatory drops.

Now I'm mostly asymptomatic during day time. I use Tranquileyes at night, and still notice my eyes being slightly dry in nights and mornings but it's so much better. Hang in there!
      Lelagy,
      This is fabulous news. Thanks for the update, as it does help to keep spirits and hope up. I'm interested in the anti-inflammatory drops. What were they?

Comment

Great to hear your recent progress Lelagy. It's especially hard to get good dry eye news in the dead of winter!
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Specifically what pain pills were you on and how much did they help? I'd be surprised if NSAIDs reduced your eye burning, but I'd also be surprised if a doc was willing to give you opoids or some other addictive drug just for eye pain.

Comment

So great to hear Lelagy!

I started serum not long ago, I hope I'll soon say the same!

Are you going to continue with the serum? Please stay in touch and let us know if you are still ok.

Comment

I'm afraid I got quite a big backlash in conjunction with a severe cold :-( But I hope it will turn again.

I was on Tegretol and Lyrica - didn't help any with the dryness feeling i think, but with the "pain" pain sensation in my left eye that I think was more neuralgia-like.

I'm not to sure on whether the NSAIDs reduced the burning feeling, but maybe the underlying inflammation. Though - once I took to much by mistake and that triggered a severe backlash. So this is all very complicated I guess.

Probably I will get to try platelet rich plasma in a few weeks which makes me very hopeful.

Comment

Working...
              X