This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't give up!

Hi! To make a long story short, I've been on serum since september 2012 due to dry eye post lasik. It's been a horrible rollercoaster and just a few days ago my eyes were severely dry, but now, since a few days they are great - sitting here right now i don't feel any discomfort from my eyes whatsoever - I feel comfortable in my body. I've had quite a few ups and downs with this so not sure it lasts, but right now my eyes look great!!

Oh Im so glad for you and no we shouldnt give up.
    My nightmare started in September last year too and my 1 year lasik anniversary is in 2 days. gosh feels so epic like celebrating :/
    Serum is very good for one of my eyes so id encourage others to use it. but no serum for other eye as perhaps it doesn't agree with it. But its free in Australia!
    Every night i imagine wat i would do tomorrow if my eyes were ok. and just perhaps one day i will wake up and be able to do wat i had dreamed.
    tomorrow i would go for a walk, go out with family and play with the kiddies at church .
    http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Originally posted by lelagy View Post
      Hi! To make a long story short, I've been on serum since september 2012 due to dry eye post lasik. It's been a horrible rollercoaster and just a few days ago my eyes were severely dry, but now, since a few days they are great - sitting here right now i don't feel any discomfort from my eyes whatsoever - I feel comfortable in my body. I've had quite a few ups and downs with this so not sure it lasts, but right now my eyes look great!!
      Lelagy,
      Is it the fact that lasik is the cause of dry eye? I remember you were ok for many years post lasik? Have the docs been able to explain what happened?

Comment

Hey lelagy,

How did the serum drops help you exactly? Did it accelerate healing of your nerves? My eye doc is still on the fence about prescribing them to me because he feels the chance of infection is a greater risk than the benefits. He's still recommending Oasis Tears drops.

Comment

Hey Patrick,
          Serum drops have helped many on this board. I asked an opththalmologist if he'd write me a script and he said my eyes were not bad enough and it's only for diseases of the ocular surface, etc. What rubbish!! Then I asked another ophthalmologist interstate (who is much more renowned for treating dry eye) and he stated the opposite and indeed, blood serum CAN help dry eyes. He'd write me a scrip but wanted to try me on a first line treatment first.

So don't always believe them. If I were you, I'd find an eye doc who'll prescribe it for you. Blood serum have growth factors, etc and other biologically active material in it that "Oasis Tears" doesn't, it's like comparing a gold nugget to a cabbage.

Comment

Hi soaps! How long have you been on the serum? I can totally relate to the "hoping every night that I will wake up with ok eyes - that has been my feeling for months. But now so much better. Hang in there. So great to hear that you go out and do things!

Comment

Hi Sunshinelover - I think it might be multifactorial - Lasik being the biggest reason, and then I think my dry eye problem might have become worse by anti-depressants. This is my theory since I get more dry eye problems when I try to take anti-depressants now, so I think this might have been one of the factors that pushed me over the edge.

Comment

Hi lelagy
                no tat was only my dream of going out. currently housebound due to cold dry weather but could b worse. i was on serum 3 months but no more as it ws making my mgd worse. Anyway glad in a way as less drops to fit in my day. just found out i can loan free audio books by a local charity. so excited!!
                Post everynow and then how u r. Keeps me motivated!

Interesting how drs recommend anti depressants for dry eye pain but it can make things worse.
                http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Soaps - how frustrating to hear that your mgd gets worse from the serum! I admire your attitude - I know how tough these things are.

Comment

What serum?

Originally posted by lelagy View Post

Legacy: SO glad you have found a serum that is working for you! Are you going to share it with us, so we can ask our doctors about it and possibly get relief as well?

Thanks,

Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X