Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a clinic in Australia already using 100% serum and DHA.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
      Ah - interesting! Do you know the name of the clinic?

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggested treatment. It seems you've done a lot of work on the subject and hopefully it will be beneficial for those of us suffering so much. I've seen some of the research articles you mentioned in your post and the work looks promising. Unfortunately none of it has gone beyond animal testing and many of us need help NOW.

Additionally, I'd like to know the name of the clinic in Australia.
        Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
        Does anyone know of any clinics in the US doing this sort of work?

Comment

Lelagy thanks for lots of great info. Will read slowly but wanted to say thanks.i am health prof too will see if articles can be ordered via hospital library . have u tried this?
          U might become a dry eye pioneer
          Glad u r feeling better and continuing with studies .
          keep us posted as i love positive posters keeps me motivated.

Dcrdryeye : where is this clinic ?? But i guess if 20% serum disagrees with me so will 100%.
          http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Ahhhh u added pdf form even better !!!!! Thanks !!

Comment

Excellent!! I have limited internet but will download soon nxt time at lasik place as they have free wifi (hehehehe)!!

Comment

Originally posted by soaps View Post
                Excellent!! I have limited internet but will download soon nxt time at lasik place as they have free wifi (hehehehe)!!
                :-D

/Maja

Comment

Hi guys! Also wanted to say - DHA is very sensitive to peroxidation - this means it's good to keep the DHA + serum mixture cool (as close to 0 degrees celsius as possible without freezing), not expose it to light unnecessarily, and to get as much of the air out of the serum vial as possible, if you understand what I mean. Right now I'm trying to get in contact with some people with knowledge in lipid chemistry to ask them on how to maximise the solubility and conversion to NPD1 and at the same time get as little peroxidation (DHA gets destroyed) as possible. My latest idea is to mix a new vial every day, and before mixing in the DHA heat the serum vial to at least room temperature, but then, after the DHA has dissolved in the serum, put the vial in the fridge again directly. Take care!

Comment

Hi guys, I experienced a backlash now. I will continue on with this treatment, but I will take much more caution in keeping the serum+dha as cold as possible, since peroxidation products are actually harmful. I hope that, if anyone of you guy who consider trying this, that you send me an email, so I can update you on what is happening, new things learned, etc: lelagy at hotmail dot com.

I will try to post updates here as well, but if you email me I will keep you in the loop.

Take care, Maja

Comment

Hi again, I have also started to worry about the ethanol content. Still think the idea is good though, but I don't have the equipment to remove the ethanol. But, as I said, if you're interested in the idea please email me (see email address above) and we can discuss different ideas.

Comment

Hi guys, I wanted to give you an update. I have continued with my home-made treatment, though with a much lower dose of DHA. And I haven't been this good since my problems started. I had a backlash, as I wrote about, but that might have been from using excessive doses of the DHA-ethanol solution. But now this article came where much lower doses were used. Neuroprotectin D1 (NPD1) restores corneal nerve integrity and function after.pdf

Last few days I've been sleeping without my sleeping mask for the first time in months! I'm still very reluctant to say for sure that this is a result from the treatment since my problems have been very cyclical. Though, this is the best I've been, so I'm really hopeful! I have also presented my idea to a researcher in my hometown, who finds it very interesting, so who knows what will happen.

Comment

Thats very exciting . so glad u r better and no sleep mask !!!! Such freedom !
                          I throw mine off as soon as wake up and have such lovely snooze without it.

i have had an excellent week too !! Perhaps it might not last but lets enjoy it now and pray it does last just a bit longer.

Keep us posted.

Comment

Good to hear! Yes, I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Hi guys, wanted to give you an update. I have continued experimenting since I couldn't stand my condition. Last 1,5 months or so, I have used a combination of serum drops with DHA as described above, and Murine Nerve Growth factor (I prepared a solution from physiological saline and NGF - this idea is based on the scientific articles by Bazan et al described above (in one of the articles they describe how NGF can be used as a factor to promote NPD1 synthesis, and NGF has been used clinically in humans for eye conditions for many years) and right now I AM GREAT! I still have somewhat dry eyes in the morning, but my hopes are high! Don't want to say anything for sure, this has been a very cyclical condition for me. But I wanted to provide some hope! Today for example, apart from a short time after waking up, I have felt normal. I don't log into this forum now that I'm so much better, but if you have any pressing issues you could email me at lelagy at hotmail dot com. Take care all you fighters!

Comment

Working...
                              X