X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success with double silicone plugs

Hello,

I recently (yesterday) had a second pair of silicone plugs installed. For the first time in 3 years I have moist eyes which are not painful or horribly red. I am experiencing overflow but it is DELICiOUS. I'd rather appear to be crying the rest of my days than live with the pain and utter misery of dry eyes.

I have MGD and have done it all...including Lipiflow. Interestingly, though I've seen 4 opthomologists and a optomistrist in 3 different states...all of whom well-ranked, none advised plugs, only compresses, Restasis and a cocktail of other expensive drugs or treatments. I have been profoundly depressed and miserable for the last 2 years b/c of MGD and had even begun therapy.

I am working the Dr. Tauber in Kansas City. He has a specific warm compress routine and he recommended plugs, then another pair after the first gave no relief. My next step was to be MG probing. Which I may or may not do depending how my compresses, doxy and these plugs work out.

I know plugs don't work for everyone, and it's not a cure for MGD, but the improvement is remarkable. If only I'd done this years ago...

Stacy
    cricketburglar@yahoo.com
Working...
X