This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice improvement

This is not a cure, but I was away for five days or so, changed my routine a bit, and my dry eyes and blepheritis were noticeably better. The environment was about the same...just a little warmer.

Here are the changes:
    1. Drank water constantly. Specifically, Fiji Water, which has a ph of 7.5. Just chugged it down all morning and afternoon. Much more water intake than usual.
    2. I used preservative free Celluvisc drops 90 % of the time. I usually use a couple of different drops, but they aren't preservative free.
    3. I only used my Occusoft wipes every couple of days. I used them LESS often than usual....I was using them almost every day previously.
    4. I watched my diet....eating less meat and sweats. One day I had a big ice cream cone though, and that night my eyes were more dry.

I suspect it is more than one of these items combined that is helping. Fingers crossed, I feel better.

I have continued this routine at home and I am clearly better. I still only wear my contacts once a week, but I feel better.
    I would say I have reduced my meat intake by 75%. I have had a B 12 deficiency 2x in the past, so I am reluctant to eliminate meat products completely. Instead, I'm consuming a little (very small amount now) of animal protein and supplementing the B 12 (chewable methyl. B 12). My dry eye is about 80% improved with all the changes mentioned in above post + remembering to blink a lot while on the computer and limiting book reading sessions to 20-30 mins at a time. I also take Omega Fish Oil by Life Extension. So far, so good...fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
    X