This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slk

I had SLK surgery for one eye last summer and the other eye this summer. It made a huge difference on the eye that hurt the most last summer, after the long recovery time of 8 weeks, and I am expecting the same results when the healing process is complete for this eye.

I use to be on a lot of medication. Twenty drops a day plus pills. I am currently on 100% serum drops, which help a lot and mucomyst, which helps dissolve the mucus, filaments, in your eyes. I wear eye moisture chamber goggles, which make a huge difference. I have all my tear ducts plugged. The plugs kept falling out so my doctor put in dissolvable plugs, which swell in your duct and don’t fall out. I get them replaced every 3 months when they dissolve.

I don’t have any expectations that I will be “normal” again. But the pain has become a discomfort which in comparison to what it used to be like is very manageable.

Thank you for the update, Trac. I'm glad the surgery is giving you some relief. As a fellow SLK sufferer, I know how dibilitating it can be. I've been very fortunate in that bandage lenses have helped me get my symptoms under control. I'll make note of your suggestions on plugs (my uppers kept falling out, too) and on the mucomyst if bandage lenses ever fail as a treatment.

Comment

Working...
    X