This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge improvement...clearly much better

I saw someone else posted about diet being of help. I found out by accident that greatly reducing my meat and sugar intake is greatly helping my dry eye. I usually wear my contacts once a week, but today I'm wearing them for the second day in a row, with no ill effects.

Usually wearing my contacts anything less than one week apart is TORTURE, and also dangerous!

I have Sjogrens Syndrome and have dry eye and Blepheritis.

I'm eating very little meat products now and I'm drinking one bottle of Penta water a day and Fiji water the rest of the day. I drink as much as I can and try to stay hydrated. Yes, this is expensive. i found the waters on sale...it helps. I'm eating a LOT of fruits and vegetables!

I'm avoiding sweets. I'm blinking when on the computer (if I remember!). I'm taking Fish Oil by Life Extension. I had heard to be careful that not all Fish Oils are pure and heard that Life Extension is one of the few brands that is not contaminated and has the correct dosage they list on their bottle. I'm also using Celluvisc Drops.

I'm very excited because I am clearly getting better....not sure it is a cure....but it is clearly much better....every day it is better.

I am so happy to hear this. I agree that when i avoid foods that cause inflammation I am better. Did the redness fade away too? Did you notice the use of AT go down?

P.S. I would rather spend my money on good food and be happy than save a little and be miserable, so good for you!

Comment

The redness is only slightly better.
      What is AT?

I still wonder why Venus Williams became a vegan?????
      I just read so many things about Vegan or Vegetarian diets helping AI illnesses. So far, the only clear cut improvement has been with my dry eyes. They aren't as scratchy anymore. A clear improvement. I can wear my contacts more often and I'm more comfortable, overall. We'll see what continued time on the diet might bring. I still eat a tiny bit of animal protein...just very very little. I also have greatly reduced flour and sugar intake and great increased my vegetable and water intake.

Comment

Nomad, are you still doing well with your diet? Are things still slowly getting better for you?

Comment

Working...
        X