This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot better and relatively pain free but still a way to go

I thought I would share my progress with you. I had severe dry eyes in May to October 2013 so much so I tried to commit suicide. I had lasik in 2009 and lasek enhancement on my left eye in 2012. I still have some discomfort but nothing like the agony I had. I found out that I probably had corneal erosions. I am now on steroids for the last week and within a couple of days the pain was subsiding. I am doing hot compresses and can feel the oils seeping into my eyes! I am taking omega 7 and hyloforte daytime at night time.

Thank you for sharing. So many if us were where you once were, or thinking about it. Your story should give everyone hope.

Comment

I am very happy for you. During May to October 2013 my eyes were also the worst, and I am feeling much better now too recently. I just shared my story in this forum. But I had lasik early this year.

Did you develop dry eye in 2009 or only had severe dry eye after the 2012 enhancement?

I learned that when taking steroids you need to taper it down, to avoid any rebound symptoms. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the post I had some dry symptoms from 2009 to the enhancement in 2012 but only went I abroad to hot climates working at the computer and in the mornings and evenings. I had the enhancement on one eye only the dryness got worse but after treatment got better but came back again once the treatment stopped. This was the sticking of the eyelid to the eye. As fir the steroids I am on dexamethasone 2xday for 20 days and then 1x Day for 20 days. Does this sound right?

Ela

Comment

I have discovered something interesting yet entirely anecdotal. The people who I have come across with Lasik related dry eye all have improved to a mild state of dry eye but it took from two to three years to reach that point. So morale of the story, if you have Lasik dry eye hang in there it seems to usually get much better over time.

Thank God you did not succeed in committing suicide!

Comment

I had PRK, and didn't really have a problem with moderate or severe dry eye until about two and a half years after the surgery. You are right, it does get better, but we aren't there yet. Best wishes to you, and thank you for giving all of us hope.

Comment

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
              I had PRK, and didn't really have a problem with moderate or severe dry eye until about two and a half years after the surgery. You are right, it does get better, but we aren't there yet. Best wishes to you, and thank you for giving all of us hope.
              Originally posted by dryeyedave View Post
              I have discovered something interesting yet entirely anecdotal. The people who I have come across with Lasik related dry eye all have improved to a mild state of dry eye but it took from two to three years to reach that point. So morale of the story, if you have Lasik dry eye hang in there it seems to usually get much better over time.

EXACTLY!! After months of reading/researching online at different websites, I have also come to the conclusion that MOST people who developed dry eye right after lasik surgery would eventually get better with time. It took about 6 months for some, but over a year for many.

I was just thinking about posting a question when I see your reply in this post, LaDiva. Just like your experience, I also learned for some people, they developed dry eye (usually severe) 2 to 3 years AFTER lasik. That always makes me worry, even if my lasik induced dry eye is slowing getting better now, would it come back and be worse years later?

How would we know? What can we do now to prevent that happening later?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about that l-i-m. If you are getting better, just roll with that.

Comment

Originally posted by dryeyedave View Post

Yeah, it takes time. I'm a year in from my eye-crash from acne meds. Feeling better, but still a ways to go.
                  32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Working...
                  X