X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretching eyelids

Hi All,

I've been suffering from belpharitis (MGD) for many years and tried different things to treat the inflammation. What I do today includes using blephasteam, taking omega supplements and cleaning my eyelids with cleansing wipes, for example blephaclean.

What I have found recently that works for me is strecthing my eyelids. Not using the hands just occasionally rising your upper eyelids seems to be mitigating the inflammation on the glands on the upper eyelid and lowering the bottom eyelids seems to be helping the inflammation on the lower eyelids. Again, not by using the hands but by simply "opening" (enlargning) the eye.

Just thought I should share this since I since July found that It has been helping me.

Hi, this is really interesting because I also notice that when I do that that something is flowing to my eyes (don't know if meibum of water or what, but something yes) and it's very pleasant.
    Recently I've found out my cranial nerve is not working as it should, slightly (not possible to recognize it by sight, even for neurologist), but EMG exam revealed slightly less functional cranial nerve. Do you have similar problem? I suppose it could be connected to that.

Comment

I don't know anything about what it is connected to actually.. It somehow gives relief to the inflammation. I can see that when stretching my lower eyelid for example, the eyelid margin is not that red as it sometimes is when the inflammation is worse.. I was very happy to find out how such a simple thing gave relief.

Comment

Working...
      X