This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement again

Just thought I would keep everyone upto date with my progress. I am better than last time. I have been to moorfields who informed me I have evaporative dry eye. They are not sure why as my glands are not blocked significantly my schrimer tests are 15 and 17. I am on doxycycline and hot compresses and punctual plugs. My thanks go out to little mermaid who has been so supportive on the telephone. I am on 20mg escitalopram and my eyes do not burn after taking them. I am also taking cod liver oils caps.

My message is that if you do find the right assistance it can be better.

Originally posted by elaw65 View Post
    Just thought I would keep everyone upto date with my progress. I am better than last time. I have been to moorfields who informed me I have evaporative dry eye. They are not sure why as my glands are not blocked significantly my schrimer tests are 15 and 17. I am on doxycycline and hot compresses and punctual plugs. My thanks go out to little mermaid who has been so supportive on the telephone. I am on 20mg escitalopram and my eyes do not burn after taking them. I am also taking cod liver oils caps.

My message is that if you do find the right assistance it can be better.

Hi elaw65, did your GP refer you to Moorfields or did you go privately? I see youre in the North, so presumably you had to travel quite a way to Moorfields!!

Comment

It's good to talk to you Elaw65 ~ welcome to a strong community, sharing good information

There is so much my d. and I won't tolerate now or allow to spoil the good things. Only the best will do We are very different after dealing with these medical problems - it takes away, but it also gives - so hopefully you will feel that way as good treatments progress.

Call me and my friends menopausal and my girls sentimental, but we get emotional at small joys and gestures as well as large ones now - joyful dogs in the park, delighted toddlers, kindnesses, raindrops. The other day, I saw a grumpy teenage boy silently pick up an old lady's cardigan, unnoticed, and place it gently on her chair back and it had me welling up... If anyone asks 'no, really, how are things? we can help you with that' it gets us so bowled over - last happened in Rheumatology, such good practice there - 'call if you need me', the doctor said and gave the teenager herself a card.

This sharing is something very valuable for all of us, docs included. Some of them are looking for better solutions in dialogue with patients now, wanting to be part of interesting future progress, so you might find that useful too. You could be a pretty fierce advocate when you feel better (see RNIB newsfeed).

It's the same for my daughter, running the rat race through exams while maintaining her eyes and social life. It's all possible, with some consideration from other people. And practical solutions. Lucky she has found good friends who remind her to use eyedrops, get sleep or treatment when she has red eye or problems. Some of her teenage pals are managing conditions and there's been strength in supporting each other. Indeed, what is normal...

Obviously, where we hang out in the children's eye clinic and where you go now, there is a humanity and compassion and mutual support that we don't often see day to day. I hope you feel it now you've got more network in place (hug).
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 04-Dec-2013, 07:05.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Dear lizzy

My sister got me an NHS appt so yes I had to travel a long way. I do not think I learnt anymore than I found out at manchester.

Comment

Ok thanks for getting back to me

Comment

Working...
          X